Respect

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it just me or in 1.0/1.1 when you beat up someone, did they either not say anything or ask for help or call you good or something? Is it just me or in 1.2 when you beat up someone, they either call you a hacker, spammer, or noob? I was destroying some newbies on a server today and all I got called was a hacking, spamming noob (followed by some of them changing to my character and trying to copy me). What is up with this? He kept calling me a hacker, so I told him to go spectator and make a demo of me "hacking" then show it on these forums. I had to tell him how to do it before he finally went spectator. After about a few minutes, he left. What is so different in 1.2 that no one has any respect for the more experienced? I actually might of taught him a trick or two if he asked.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know exactly what you're saying Opty. I haven't been called a hacker myself yet, but everytime I go into the server I always hear "melee hacker!" at least 3 or 4 times. God forbid you throw someone, then you're automatically labled a newbie, for whatever illogical reason. I find that ignoring them and just resuming whatever you were doing is the best thing to do. I hate not saying something, but arguing with them is pointless.

Best answers
ya...i started noticeing this at the later stages of 1.1....they would sit back and HOW all day long then when u beat the snot out of them they call u a melee whore...a hacker...a noob...or something along those lines...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seriously hope you all are joking--People have ALWAYS been accusing other people of hacking. Pretty much every time I've played, since 1.0. This is nothing new.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hacking is the hl word for being good

ie. OMG QUIT HAXING THE SERVER

means

damn your better than me

and so on

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being accused of hacking is basically a HL term meaning your good now

It happens in almost every HL mod to my knowledge

*Edit* Beh hibbers beat me

Best answers
lol...ya it happened in 1.0...but it seems like its becoming more comonplace in servers...its like u cant kill anyone anymore without them going "OMG U STUPID HAXOR NOOB MELEE WHORE!!1one" its kinda sad lol

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it even matter? Obviousley talking smack is their only defence, since they cant show you up with any kind of esf skills. So they try to get under your skin with words. Ouch, whatever you do, dont call me a noob or a hacker.... :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People always said I used scripts in 1.1...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I seriously hope you all are joking--People have ALWAYS been accusing other people of hacking. Pretty much every time I've played, since 1.0. This is nothing new.
Agreed, during the 1.0 and 1.1 versions I heard it but, I didn't hear it as often as I do now. I'd hear it every now and then, but now, if you manage to block all of the attacks someone throws at you.. EVEN IF THEY'RE ALL THE SAME COMBO OVER AND OVER AGAIN... they'll accuse you of "melee hacking" >_<.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i always say sumthin nice if it was a good fight, cuz thats what i play the game fore, if sum1 blasts me in the back whilst im fighting sum1 else then my usual reply is "argh >_<" but yeah, thats just me

Best answers
Yeah .. this crap pisses me off ... just yesterday i was playing and i meleed a guy and i got the reply "Turn it off" and i was like .. wtf?.. "your melee .. its haxed" .. pfft.. lamers like this piss me off...

Best answers
Why would you feel offended if someone calls you a hacker?
If you know you're not and they still say you are then you should see it as a compliment :]

When someone calls me h4xor!!! He\She basically says: "Your skills surpass the maximum capacity of a normal human being, there for you must cheat"

So all I can say is thank you for the compliment :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thing is there's an exploit in 1.2 that I wont go into detail with, and when a few users start running into people abusing it they're going to call it h4x. Once they think everybody is cheating they start saying it to everybody. The patch clears up the exploit and w/e but you can't escape the reality that this is a dragonball Z fan community, which includes a whole lot of little whiny kids.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've personally played you a few times Optional, and I must say you are quite good. But there is obviously no hacking involved, you are simply put, a whirling machine of death.

And that disconcerts and unsettles the n00bs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 and back, all the spamness and nubbish moans stayed, in 1.2, its more involving between two people, they have to work with tactics and so on, it takes quite a long time for two pros to fight. so when you win or are bettered, you tend to get positive comments. like: "omg im nekkidz!111!!"

you get the point, its an improvement in the 1.1 community all the way =P

Best answers
Several people have accused me of cheating or using exploits. One of them being Sonic Boyster. :no:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got accused of hacking yesterday. I asked the guy what hack i was actually using and what made him say it, but he couldn't answer me....as usual. I thanked him for the compliment, and he shortly left the game :)
Then again, i do get a fair few amount of people that say i'm good, and ask for help, which i then give, so it's not all bad.

ZaZ

Best answers
Ive also been called a hacker and a cheater because I used the old melee system on a guy where I hit two times in a row, and he said that it was impossible

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately, Opty...the way you play, using the old melee system and those zagging swoops...well, it doesn't matter if it's a hack or not, it can be frustrating sometimes. It's not easy to combat because after the first hit you get like three more in, and that's frustrating for anybody, even me. But I know it's not a hack...if anything it'd be considered an exploit, but I don't think it's an exploit because it's not like it's using some sort of loophole in the game's system.

The issue could probably easily be solved, if the team made you fly away 10% faster than the swoop speed...there are a number of ways to control it. Personally I feel it's an exploit, but it doesn't frustrate me too much...I just leave when someone is playing like that. I don't like to play when it's not fun or evenly matched, is all.

I don't expect the game to change around this one thing, of course. Way too many people would **** a brick over losing their l33t combo abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom