resident evil umbrella chronicles short trailer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first Resident Evil game for the Wii, Umbrella Chronicles takes place from the first person as your characters move through a fully 3D mansion. Using the Wiimote, you take aim at enemies and fire away. You have control over your path only at the occasional branch points in the stages. Everywhere else, you're on a fixed path, although you are free to look around. Outside of the first person shooting, the game will bring back the command-based event sequences of Resident Evil 4. During these sequences, you'll get to see the main characters directly face off against attacking zombies.

Umbrella Chronicles brings the original Resident Evil hero and heroine back into the spotlight -- right, Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine play prominent roles this time around. The two S.T.A.R.S. members will be joined by some other recognizable characters, including Albert Wesker, Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen.
http://wii.ign.com/objects/827/827187.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've wanted an on-rails shooter on Wii for a while now. I know a lot of die-hard RE fans won't be happy about this game, but I'm excited. It looks pretty sweet. o/

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh hey look... they are doing another game based on RE1... great. So that makes re1, re1 directors cut, re1 remake, re1DS and now this. Like re2 is a far better setting and story but they just love to beat that dead horse... but maybe that is thier plan all along. Make tons of remakes of re1 so they can preserver re2 so no one can say "the original was better" or "they changed to much that made the game good".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game takes place between RE3 and 4, and it tells more of how the Umbrella Corp. came to fall.

This isn't a rehash of RE1. RTFA kthx.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said based on RE1. He's completely right.

RTFP kthxbai

I'm tired of RE games. The whole zombie thing was fun way back when, but it's grown pretty stale. For me, anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this makes RE1, and the series as a whole the most remade and ported game ever....

RE1 - playstation
RE1 Directors cut - playstation
RE1 - Sega Saturn
RE1 - PC
RE1 - Nintendo DS
RE1 - Gameboy (cancelled, but I remember it)
RE1: Rebirth - Gamecube
RE1 Chronicles - Wii

RE2 - playstation
RE2 Duel Shock Edition - Playstation
RE2 - N64
RE2 - Dreamcast
RE2 - PC
RE2 - Gamecube

RE3 - Playstation
RE3 - Dreamcast
RE3 - PC
RE3- Gamecube

RE: CV - Dreamcast
RE: CV - Playstation 2
RE: CV - Gamecube

RE4 - Gamecube
RE4 - Playstation 2
RE4 - PC
RE4 - Wii

Yea...as you can clearly see, Capcom doesn't like ports or anything... (you can also clearly see why I don't own an xbox ;) )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
technically not a remake :eek: more based on RE1, but fills in the gaps, and gives a more 3d perspective to the mansion, first person POV

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said based on RE1. He's completely right.

RTFP kthxbai

I'm tired of RE games. The whole zombie thing was fun way back when, but it's grown pretty stale. For me, anyway.
In some ways, it would. Because for the most part the gameplay isn't getting better. At least until Resident Evil 4. Have you played it? It was amazing. I can understand if you didn't like it... but man, the game was revolutionary. If you've seen the frozen zombies in that... then you'll know there's still plenty to do with the concept, especially now that they can put the gamer in even more suspense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom