Resident Evil - Real

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, did anyone actually read the article?

They're not talking about bringing people that died of old-age back to life, once your organs stop working, well, they've stopped working. They didn't exactly walk over to the Pet Cemetary, dig up Sparky, and bring him back to life. They technically, put key word, perfecty healthy dogs in to suspended animation (hence the term, 'clinical death'), and then brought them back to life. I think a lot of you are thinking they did a lot more than was actually done. And all this zombie nonsense is just stupid. However, let's say someone gets shot, and they don't have enough time to stop the bleeding, and under normal circumstances, they will die. Well, perhaps this technique can buy them more time, and they can save the person's life. Think about it, this is revolutionary.

Look at this blurb from the article.
However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,
But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.
Half of you don't even know what you're talking about. Read the article, then form an opinion, don't use other people's interpretations as the basis for your opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Guys, did anyone actually read the article?

They're not talking about bringing people that died of old-age back to life, once your organs stop working, well, they've stopped working. They didn't exactly walk over to the Pet Cemetary, dig up Sparky, and bring him back to life. They technically, put key word, perfecty healthy dogs in to suspended animation (hence the term, 'clinical death'), and then brought them back to life. I think a lot of you are thinking they did a lot more than was actually done. And all this zombie nonsense is just stupid. However, let's say someone gets shot, and they don't have enough time to stop the bleeding, and under normal circumstances, they will die. Well, perhaps this technique can buy them more time, and they can save the person's life. Think about it, this is revolutionary.

Look at this blurb from the article.

Half of you don't even know what you're talking about. Read the article, then form an opinion, don't use other people's interpretations as the basis for your opinion.
Well, I just wasted five minutes of my time typing up a post explaining that exact same thing before realizing you already said everything I was about to say.

Bah, oh well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well even tough the dogs arent really zombies...lets say that zombies like resident evil would become real...what would you do? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
well even tough the dogs arent really zombies...lets say that zombies like resident evil would become real...what would you do? :p
Would make sense to do what they do in Resident evil...
"Okay, hes got a pistol, you got a shotgun with 6 shots and you a knife... Lets split up gang!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn Opty, you took the words out of my mouth.

They're not 'zombie dogs'.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.
They revive frozen dogs that they themselves froze (or 'clinically killed'), it can't bring the (already) dead back to life. Amazing yes, zombies no.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ice Man said:
"cancers natural."

then why doesn't monkey have em?

monkeys do get cancers. cancer is formed (in the very basic of terms) by radiation, causing the mutation of cells to the point where they cant stop reproducing.

and as for this, if you read the artical, they arent trying to bring people back from the dead if they die of natural causes. they want to use it to help people with terminal illnesses, or people who die suddenly, of for example, a gunshot wound.

so i think its a pretty good thing. theyve already stated that the dogs suffered no brain damage whatsoever. so in essence, they arent even zombies. they can just go about their lives as if nothing even happened.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they can just go about their lives as if nothing even happene
well thats no fun, >_>

and here i was loading up on shotgun shells for no reason :cry:

Best answers
were so doomed -_-'' soon tehh zombie dogs takes down everybody >:p then when the scientist are dead, the zombie **** liqued falls down on them and w00t. here we have the first human zombies, no1 can stop them -.- WE'RE SOOO DOOMED! :p :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hamppu said:
were so doomed -_-'' soon tehh zombie dogs takes down everybody >:p then when the scientist are dead, the zombie **** liqued falls down on them and w00t. here we have the first human zombies, no1 can stop them -.- WE'RE SOOO DOOMED! :p :p

like opti said, try reading the artical, and then making an opinion, instead of spurting random nonsense.

Best answers
Hmm, technology scares me. the idea of reviving humans who have been dead for hours (maybe days in the future) can be revived. that is a scary thought.
oh well, guess this means i might end up 116 afterall =D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yes but we can kill irakienz with their own dead soilders

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like opti said, try reading the artical, and then making an opinion, instead of spurting random nonsense.
(im having fun quoting gir exclusively)

spurting random nonsense, and having a sense of humor sometimes go hand in hand. give him a break gir >_> it was blatantly obvious he was just messing around. it may not have been as "serious" as you may have wished, but so long as he doesnt go overboard with it (multiple posts) it doesnt fall under the category of spam, since it IS technically on-topic (note the thread title).

If this forum in particular was completely limited to serious discussions, it would be an extremely boring place. you need to lt the people have some fun once in awhile. read virtually ALL of magus' posts for example =P.

About the zombie dogs, its not really surprising that they can do that. with all of the advances and crap that have been made, im surprised that its ONLY been done to dogs at this point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love you too nuttzy <3

i know he was having a laugh, but really this is a serious topic, and it does get on my nerves that people can be so ignorant of the facts. much like any medical breakthrough actually =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Joke comments are fine, but some of them aren't joke comments as much as 'reading the thread title and making assumptions'.

i.e:

VeGeTTo said:
yes but we can kill irakienz with their own dead soilders
:S

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i do actually agree with you on that one, i missed that one while i was typing up my post ^^

theres no way there wouldnt be some hardcore side effects, if done on humans that is. there has to be something wrong with the system.

anywhoo, dogs arent a prime test subject, they are so stupid sometimes you wouldnt be able to tell a difference between a braindead dog and a regular one, (my dog doug for example runs smack into the fence when trying to chase cars at least 3 times a day).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, mine jumps into a fence chasing birds. but i dont think stupidity counts as brain damage. im sure they use far more precise and scientific ways to determine that, than seeing if the dog will run into a wall chasing something XD

Best answers
Yes, having all of our cities invested with zombies and having to be evacuated in the future is amazing.

lol.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.
sure!!! it'll be like "here you go kiddo, you're good as new" and the kid is like "HASHDAHAHRRHHGHGHGAHHARRE"...

although...i would like a trained zombie dog like that =O ARGHHHHH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom