Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got to love the trailer music. Also; Wesker?! Awesome.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why "Afterlife"? :?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much every human ever alive was dead in Resident Evil: Extinction. So...this is pretty much, the Afterlife. Still, I'd much rather have a proper survivor/horror Resident Evil, than hot-chicks-action Resident Evil.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking at the trailer, the acting looks pretty bad. But that's probably just me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I do with every video game movie, I get really drunk and watch it with friends while we laugh at the horrible acting and stupid script flaws. This means the movie will remain awesome, and odds are I might actually forget I ever saw it - win win!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno why, but I like these Resident Evil films. Looking forward to this one as well

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is so much fanservice and winks to videogames as well as other films, this can't possibly go right. Here's what I saw;

1.) Super Wesker. Wesker had a total screentime of 4 minutes in all 3 movies. He shouldn't be in this. Also, throwing your glasses at the camera? Taken straight from Resident Evil 5.

2.) Throwing shurikens at the screen in slow motion? Alien vs Predator did that, with the exact same camera angle.

3.) Hordes of non-zombies with Predator-mouths? Come on. The scene where the guy shows off his monster-jaws is exactly the same as the first Majini in ... you guessed it, Resident Evil 5.

4.) An Executioner? Really? Resident Evil 5.

5.) 1:29. The explosion with the valve getting thrown out. Taken straight from Resident Evil 2.

6.) 1:37. Slow motion, through a window, firing a weapon? Matrix Reloaded.

I usually enjoy these movies for their campiness but this is pushing it. I'm a Resident Evil fan since day 1 and I enjoyed the first 3 films for what they are, but even in the eye of a fan this is pushing it. They're just trying way too hard in my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How many films is this now? 4?

These movies suck. Most people never envisioned Resident Evil this way, as a movie.

How can anyone be entertained by this nonsense anyhow?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought Alice was going to Japan? Anyways looks ****ty, but I'll probably still download it.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mila looks good with long dark hair.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Dunno why, but I like these Resident Evil films. Looking forward to this one as well
I agree with ness.
I also have been waiting for this movie.
A trailer is a trailer and is not the movie.
Its same as a beta and a final release ^^

10 sep 2010 :S man thats gonna take a while.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is so much fanservice and winks to videogames as well as other films, this can't possibly go right. Here's what I saw;

1.) Super Wesker. Wesker had a total screentime of 4 minutes in all 3 movies. He shouldn't be in this. Also, throwing your glasses at the camera? Taken straight from Resident Evil 5.

2.) Throwing shurikens at the screen in slow motion? Alien vs Predator did that, with the exact same camera angle.

3.) Hordes of non-zombies with Predator-mouths? Come on. The scene where the guy shows off his monster-jaws is exactly the same as the first Majini in ... you guessed it, Resident Evil 5.

5.) 1:29. The explosion with the valve getting thrown out. Taken straight from Resident Evil 2.

I usually enjoy these movies for their campiness but this is pushing it. I'm a Resident Evil fan since day 1 and I enjoyed the first 3 films for what they are, but even in the eye of a fan this is pushing it. They're just trying way too hard in my opinion.
I thought of most of that as well. I'll probably still watch it just because I happen to like the series (Apocalypse was awesome).

Best answers

I lie this movie because of its references.

I mean, is the first time a video game movie takes real references from the game.
The majini, the executioner, Wesker... is all taken from the game, and I love that.

Also, I have to say Capcom liked, at least, the first movie. They added the lasers room in RE4 and in RE:UC.

Only thing I miss is Jill. I'd like to see her caught by Wesker, and with Super Powers, like in RE5. Super Jill vs Super Alice: ***** Fight!!!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do I want to watch a bunch of Umbrella test-tube babies fight each other?

I guess the CGI...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I felt like I had to ressurrect this thread with a picture that made me facepalm.

Why, Paul Anderson... why?

http://kotaku.com/5549932/first-look-at-jill-valentine-in-new-resident-evil-movie

EDIT: Can't believe I didn't reply to this;

I lie this movie because of its references.

I mean, is the first time a video game movie takes real references from the game.
The majini, the executioner, Wesker... is all taken from the game, and I love that.

Also, I have to say Capcom liked, at least, the first movie. They added the lasers room in RE4 and in RE:UC.

Only thing I miss is Jill. I'd like to see her caught by Wesker, and with Super Powers, like in RE5. Super Jill vs Super Alice: ***** Fight!!!
First time a film takes references from a video game, the 16th in its series I might add, which has deviated so far from its roots that it's become unrecognizable.

I'm a die hard Resident Evil fan, and I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that when 'Resident Evil the movie' was first announced, we all hoped it'd be in the Spencer Mansion, with zombies, dogs, Chris, and Jill. And maybe Barry.

There is absolutely nothing except the zombies in all Resident Evil films that gives it the 'right' to be called Resident Evil. The T-Virus could've been a cursed picknick basket and nobody would ever have known it was Resident Evil. That's my main issue with the films.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom