Resident evil 4(wii)+UC

Best answers
Ok i give it up for capcom, this is what a remake should look like, granted it is now a shooter, my god does it look good and i think it might make me get a Wii.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=20169
From the zombies to the snake, to more then likely tyrant, their presentation of this looks awesome, my only question is, is the player moving the person, or is it self moving, you just shoot like house of the dead?

Now for resident evil4 on the Wii, looks awesome, great control, insanely fast targeting, but i hope this is a fluke but exactly y didn't he lose his head?
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=20175

Is it censored now? Does it sometimes just not happen? Say it isn't so capcom, the chainsaw death animation gone?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p I think you're the first person I've heard actually praise Umbrella Chronicle's graphics. Everyone else I've heard (most notably Wii fans) have complained how it looks so last-gen, how the textures are muddy and low res, especially on the enemies when they're close up. I personally don't think it look bad, per say, but I think Wii could do a lot better.

Gameplay wise though, I think it could be a lot of fun. Yes, it's on-rails, so you can't directly control where your character walks. However, you can determine where you want to go. There are certain paths you can take, and depending on your actions and where you look, you can make your character move to new paths. For instance, there's a part where, if you look at a ladder, you'd climb up the ladder to the floor above. Things like that. I don't know how often this happens in the game, but I heard it's in, so it's not completely linear.

In short, I really hope it'll turn out to be fun. I hope they'll throw in lots of paths and variation. On-rails games only stay fun for so long, right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll tell you what I know.

As far as I know, UC is a railshooter, meaning you're on a set path - but you can take the occasional left or right choice.

And I got decapitated every single time on the Gamecube. So my guess is that it's either censored or has a new parental lock on it or something.

Best answers
Dunno on rails games tend to be harder then ones you can control, if i was overwhelmed by zombies in RE i could run backwards and get a further distance, where as rails i am stuck and have to kill them there and now, so it tends to be a little different.

Can only imagine how fast they expect you to hit those dogs..ug.

As for graphics, it isn't all about the graphics, people need to understand next gen isn't just graphics, it is a new gameplay, and honestly the wii isn't really next gen to me, unless it is a motion sensitive game, where resident evil doesn't look to be one, however with the wii's controller you can play as if u have a gun in the arcade.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UC's graphics are similar to REmake's, and I can't say I was disappointed by them. They breathed new life into Resident Evil in my opinion.

Best answers
Well i do know that japan isn't one for graphical gore when it comes to humans so it might just be their's is censored remember that dead rising was completly censored lol no limb removal and so on.

Would be a pity to pop my copy of RE4Wii in and the satisfaction of suplexing someone to watch their head explode was shattered as they just died.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair, though. In that gameplay clip, Leon was shooting at people with a shotgun from medium range. It's not like he did very much damage, and he wasn't really aiming at the heads, so I'm thinking that's why we don't see any limbs flying and heads exploding in that clip.

Best answers
Not realy speaking of that however, that closerange ground shot you can clearly hear the head explode sound and all but it is still on the body, the main concern was the chainsaw at the end, you see the blood from the connection hear it go through but the chainsaw stays in 1 spot and the head is still attatched a might weird if u ask me.

Best answers
im glad i still own the gamecube version of RE4. looks like its still the best version.
the ps2 version looked less impressive and the audio was horrible for some weird reason.... i still want the bonuses in my gc version! :\
looks like the wii version just gets all the ps2 bonuses, maybe a higher resolution(no higher resolution textures tough) and a new aiming system.
doesnt this aiming make the game a bit too easy? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not realy speaking of that however, that closerange ground shot you can clearly hear the head explode sound and all but it is still on the body, the main concern was the chainsaw at the end, you see the blood from the connection hear it go through but the chainsaw stays in 1 spot and the head is still attatched a might weird if u ask me.
:p I think I only got chainsawed once, ever, so I don't really remember if Leon gets anything cut off. That's why I didn't mention anything about it. But you do have a point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Leon gets gecapped every time when he gets hit by the chainsaw. There's even a very cool animation where he puts his hands up on the blade, trying to stop it. Needless to say he's a few inches shorter after that.

Best answers
Actually it seems (just like the original) that the japanese version is censored. As for Re4Wii being on rails it isn't only UC.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually it seems (just like the original) that the japanese version is censored. As for Re4Wii being on rails it isn't only UC.
RE 4 Wii isn't on rails.

Where'd you get that idea? o_@;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom