Requesting a little help.

Best answers
Sorry I do not have any art to post at the moment. I haven't posted here in quite some time. Well I am asking if anyone knows how to make a good/decent fire effect in Photoshop? A little artwork I am working on right now needs some fire effect in it but most of the tutorials I have done don't look good for what I am doing. So if anyone knows a way to make a good/decent fire effect please let me know how I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
depends honestly what you're using it for and how manual you want to do it, a quick way of getting a flame effect is:

1) create a layer
2) Using a large soft edged brush, brush the flame colour you're using between halfway from the top of the flame and the middle of where you would like the flame to be in 1 line.
3) then using the smudge tool with smaller soft brush set around 80% (not tiny) smudge the line up and down using the smudge tool to create the edges of the flame.
4) Once you're happy with the shape duplicate the layer and stick it on overlay or something that compliments the colour of your flame, adjust the hue of the layer if you want to.

Sorry not exactly easy to explain with pics, but it's pretty nifty, just experiment with the technique and it should be okay. Hope I helped D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom