Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rats maps (and other macro maps) have always been some of my favorites. I think it'd be really fun to have one like this.

-Karrde-

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course that's only one of the many versions of rats that's out there :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
they r just so cool the rats map, i will always like em, thoug i dont play CS anymore, and they would be good 2 play em in ESF, they would OWN!!!

Best answers
yeah, right Karrde... :]
shouldnt be that difficult to make such a map, the models are smaller than normally anyway...
but what should the map be about? I think it should be connected with the series.
I mean fighting in a normal kitchen is not very...ahm halt, got an idea!!!! :devgrin:
I think Im gonna make an esf rats map next...

Best answers
ok kewl, like the idea, ur a good mapper T@xi

Best answers
Well, you can use Half-life DM maps and ingame levels (no monsters included and dont try Nihilanth level cause it'll freeze.) I use the rats map (kitchen) and its so-so but if someone could made a rats version of Roshi's place that would be cool.
If you dont know how to do so, just type maps in console to see the hole list and maps (letter) to see the map that starts with that name. Frankly i like using maps turrents in em, but the turrents arent there in esf :(.

Best answers
You can play de_rats in esf though even though a bit screwed up where everyone keep fighting in the cabinet where they spawned (bots). Anyways you can just move de_rats.bsp and de_rats.res and de_rats.txt to the esf maps folder and move cs_747.wad and cs_bdog.wad to esf folder and now you can play.
Notes: Don't get stuck in the mouse trap and teleport away cuz that will 60% chance teleport you outta the map and if you go further your HL will crash.
Playing with bots in the map is fun except all the action is mostly squeezed in a small area sometimes they go outside of the cabinet.
The freezer doors and get you stuck on the floor too teleport away equals HL crash.
BTW it is still fun to play even though your playing with bots good to play with others though.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
turkeyburgers is also a fun map same style as rats.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooooh, I like this idea.
Evil_T@xi has taken it up?
Then I can't wait to hear about this map later. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe a rat maze would be fun for a while too, so you have to hunt them without the scouter

Best answers
Whats the big deal?

When I like a map from another mod I just add it o my ESF dir!!!
This way I can play gr8 CS maps in ESF.
I did the same with a rat map 2.
And btw there is a rat map pack in http://www.cscentral.com/
And also lone rat maps (examples: de_mice, de_rats) and other gr8 maps (u can't belive how many!!!!).

Best answers
Well...is anyone gonna make a Rats version of Roshi's place? Its just an idea, but that sure would be cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The belly of Buu!!! ^_^ That would be cool!!! and the idea with Roshis place is cool too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom