Best answers
Now, not quite sure if u can actually request maps, but... i was wondering if anyone could make a map of midgar from ff7? i wouldnt mind seeing a few final fantasy maps around

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what it looks like, so could you post some pics. I might do it as a next project as soon as i finish tgw_ice.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa, that's half a year work! I'll still consider it though, if i do it i'll post the WIP in this thread.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be quite challenging. I would do this if i wasn't in to mods. :p

I love FF7. There would be so many challenges in making it! Oh, I'd love to do it! Ah, maybe one of the modifications will like it...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you honestly want the best source material for midgar I can reccomend a few things. Don't work with the entire frickin city. Choose a section of it to work with. The best source material comes from FF7 itself. You should be able to find a ton of screen caps of the actual playable areas. I'd reccomend concentrating on screens of the area right after destroying mako reactor #1 and during the parachute jump into midgar. Avoid Mako reactors and the Shinra Building (though maybe have them in the skybox). If I were a mapper and were to go about doing this, I'd have a few suggestions.

1. Get a 2d artist to help you with the project. It wouldn't be quite midgar without the right textures and things like the sign advertising for the play "Loveless" and such.

2. Make areas above and below the plate. Have the bottom of the map be like the skybox (like on esf_kami) only maybe trigger_hurt the bottom area so you're not just running around on an invisible surface.

3. Steam effects from pipes and anything else that gives it that cool FF7/steam punk (blue sub 6, last exile, etc) type feeling.

Anyway, I'd envision this would play and be designed a lot like ape_city. That's my suggestions anyway. It would be a very cool map if done right.

-Karrde-

Best answers
well, whatever the case, i just want a good ff7 map (its just that midgar would be best). as for the reactor thing, yeah, dont bother with it, just make it viewable, but not accessable. anyway, thx for responding!

EDIT: Is there a way to get music from Playstation discs? Because if someone makes this map, and i can get the music from ff7, i could make it esf compatible, and would give the map a more "midgar-like" effect. If anyone knows of a way, plz tell!

Best answers
you can just d/l the music off of the net or off kazaa (not that i promote warez). it shouldnt be too hard to find final fantasy music of a any kind, i should have a zip file full of ff7 midis, which is what type of music ff7 had. mp3s didnt go into the games till later for the most part.

Best answers
well, even if i did do that, it wouldnt be true to the game, they usually have altered versions and aren't the exact thing on cd

Best answers
There's a PSMplay program that allows you to rp .XA tracks

Sadly I don't know where to find it,just search for psmplay on google or something

*Karrde if you think this is promoting warez than please wipe the bit about searching for it and this message,thank you*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ripping music from games isn't illegal. Unless you use it for your modication or claim your made it...

Best answers
making midgar will be fun(i might give it a go i did make a mako reactormap after all:p) so i have a lot of sper time so i will give it a try
and certain area u would like? E.G. sector 7? something like that?

Best answers
doesnt really matter, but yeah, sector 7 sounds good. Maybe have the pillar too, but i dont really care what gets done, just want a part of midgar as a map

Best answers
i'll give it a try, it looks fun and challenging. I'm not one of the best mappers exactly.., but i can map buildings pretty good so u never know =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom