reporting hacks?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was playing esf awhile ago and someone was nice enough to hack me when I started beating them. They changed my name, and I couldn't do much of anything besides move the view very slowly. Any place to report this?

EDIT: Quitting evidently doesn't the hack either. Any solutions?

Ur.Hate of Ur clan =/
Server info:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/temetry/hacked.jpg

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
it was probably just amx_exec
with this the admin can execute any console command just as if you would input it into your console

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You were either "Slow-hacked" which is pretty much a person with admin over a server changing all your configs through client exec commands.

The other option is a Half-Life exploit which happend to me, and I've still no idea how it was done. Basically a person can gain admin over a normal server even if they're not the owner.

In any case, there's not much that can be done either way about it. You can fix it by resetting your configs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not relaly a hack, it happened to me in a CS game. They have a mod that cna change you're controls, just goto default key settings and you should be set.

Also, to prevent this, goto your config file and apply Read-only ( i think )

hope this helps

Edit: wow, curse you READY AND PAIN

CURRRRSESSS

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It was slow-hacking and he tried to do the same to me. Try setting your configs to read only.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
resetting the configs helped, thanks guys
I know its hardly worth the effort but I still feel like kicking that guys arse, just out of principle ><;

Best answers
Basically, in most admins will be able to exec client on you. But he wouldn't have done it just because you were owning him, were you being ****y? I know people get ****y and start being a jerk, then admins usually do something about it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drek said:
Basically, in most admins will be able to exec client on you. But he wouldn't have done it just because you were owning him, were you being ****y? I know people get ****y and start being a jerk, then admins usually do something about it.
Heck that aint true. You have no ideas how many servers i got banned out of just for kicking the admins ass. The most hilarious was an EVM server though.

I joined. Picked Vegeta. Was in normal form. And teh other guy was a Cell transformed to his final stage. I kicked his ass and he said "Sorry you are to good" befor i could even reply to taht i was banned XD Made me laugh.

Fact is admins abuse there power if they are angry enough. And anger dosent allways mean that the player did something wrong ^^

Best answers
You were slow hacked, it happens a lot in Ur server, because the main admin has a very itchy finger when it comes to slow hacking people. I tried changing my cfg's to read only to see if it would solve the problem, and it didnt work at all. I was still slow hacked, and it sucked. Just dont play there, thats the best advice i can give. I'm currently looking to see how to use the half life exploit pain was talking about, so that i can get him back, but i have yet to figure out how it works lol

Best answers
That's bad, half life exploit is considered hacking, while exec client is not hacking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Drek:
Heck that aint true. You have no ideas how many servers i got banned out of just for kicking the admins ass.
Quoted for truth ^^

I kept running into him through out the map and well, killing him, so I'm guessing that was enough to push him over the edge.

I'll just avoid that server in the future, and go out of my way to kill Ur.Hate if I see him in another one. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom