Replaying esf after a huge break

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what happed with the player but most of the so called good player uses rolling exploit and they belive that they ar pro by using this bug.It's preaty disaponting , what happed with honner in a game

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what happed with the player but most of the so called good player uses rolling exploit and they belive that they ar pro by using this bug.It's preaty disaponting , what happed with honner in a game
You mean the 3 hit rule?

Yea some *******s came up with that. But fear not there are still people who refuse to go by those rules. Like Zypher, Toxen and me ^^

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oki so I playied with some one S2k Kuiu or someting when he started to hit me full 180 dmg (i was evil buu).How can you douge that ?when you can't even rise up to hit you just get hit by him continus

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
In American rules we only permit 1 ground hit only.
Europe rules permit 3 hits of any kind.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let's say 3 hits but not 10 or 15 hits oki

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Huh? If he is roll hitting you 10 times then thats clearly exploiting and Tribute should know better then that.

Best answers
Well, I have to admit. I am glad that I'm not only one who noticed that ESF melee as of right now isnt about who lands the most hits, but instead of who can cram as much dmg possible in a chain. I've lost plenty of 1 vs 1's just because my opponent hit me, hit me again, rolled me, and then unloaded a bunch of ki blobs/gen beams onto me as i lay there waiting to get back up. It's kind of ridiculous how the game is played now adays. If you dont believe that its such a big issue, try letting someone do that combo on you, and see how quickly one small combo can lead to you losing 80% of your health, which in my opinion is ridiculous. =\

Best answers
I definitely second that! It's happened to me too and of course as a result i've learnt to do it back :]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense, but Europeans ruined the game. They took our rules, bastardized them and made exploiting a legal tactic. The logic employed to defend this?

"DUDE 3 HITS MAXIMUM JUST LIKE IN US SERVERS BUT YOU CAN TOTALLY JUST HIT THEM 3 TIMES ON THE GROUND OR CEILING. IT'S COOL. IM FOLLOWING THE RULES".

**** that.

Best answers
Rules should just be coded in the game and made an option before launching the server.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rules should just be coded in the game and made an option before launching the server.
Or you could, you know, make and enforce the rules without needing someone to hold your hand.

Best answers
Or you could, you know, make and enforce the rules without needing someone to hold your hand.
I don't think it's a matter of holding anyone's hand. What about when there are no admins on the server? Or when people are simply just confused on which rule they are going by. A good design performs its functions under all circumstances and produces little psychological stress on the user.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense, but Europeans ruined the game. They took our rules, bastardized them and made exploiting a legal tactic. The logic employed to defend this?

"DUDE 3 HITS MAXIMUM JUST LIKE IN US SERVERS BUT YOU CAN TOTALLY JUST HIT THEM 3 TIMES ON THE GROUND OR CEILING. IT'S COOL. IM FOLLOWING THE RULES".

**** that.
You say that like its everyones fault. In reality the people who started breaking the rules were Kai and his folowers.

Untill he and his arogant ass started to chenge the rules the 1 hit on the floor rule was enforced in europe. But as the old people kept leaving taht gave those guys new people who they could konvince that their rules are the right ones and who ever said otherwhise was wrong.

Hell as far as ive heard they even went further in screwing up the game now. Acording to Toxen and Zypher the former Akatsuki people (Kais group) started to go with using the ceeling exploit aswell as the roll one.

Quite frankly i gave up on fixing the issue when i was the only admin on esf-world left who still kicked them for using the 3 hit rule to exploit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's a matter of holding anyone's hand. What about when there are no admins on the server? Or when people are simply just confused on which rule they are going by. A good design performs its functions under all circumstances and produces little psychological stress on the user.
It is most definitely is a matter of holding your hand. The game, itself, isn't broken, so there is little else for the game designers to do. It is up to the people who have a problem with the way other individuals are playing the game to institute those rules and enforce them. What needs to be changed is the game itself, but that isn't what you're suggesting. You want the team to institute arbitrary rules that would condone a specific way to play the game. If every single person agreed on a particular way to play the game, then what you're suggesting would make sense, but that obviously isn't the case. European server owners want the game to be played one way, American server owners want the game to be played another way.

If you don't like the way the game is being played, make or buy your own server. It isn't up to the team to babysit the players. That's your duty. If, for whatever reason, you can neither make or buy your own server, find out who the admin is and attempt to contact them. If they don't care, you're SOL.

@ Grega: It is everyone's fault. What is being done to combat your little problem? Are the people complaining buying servers for the community and creating their own set of rules? If they were, we wouldn't be having this conversation, so I'll assume the answer is no. Akatsuki tried to institute the Euro rules in America, and do you know what we did? We bought our own servers, took all of the players who used to go to their server, and basically kicked them out. Now our rules reign supreme once more, and people are happy (ish).

Last edited:
Best answers
It is most definitely is a matter of holding your hand. The game, itself, isn't broken, so there is little else for the game designers to do. It is up to the people who have a problem with the way other individuals are playing the game to institute those rules and enforce them. What needs to be changed is the game itself, but that isn't what you're suggesting. You want the team to institute arbitrary rules that would condone a specific way to play the game. If every single person agreed on a particular way to play the game, then what you're suggesting would make sense, but that obviously isn't the case. European server owners want the game to be played one way, American server owners want the game to be played another way.

If you don't like the way the game is being played, make or buy your own server. It isn't up to the team to babysit the players. That's your duty. If, for whatever reason, you can neither make or buy your own server, find out who the admin is and attempt to contact them. If they don't care, you're SOL.

@ Grega: It is everyone's fault. What is being done to combat your little problem? Are the people complaining buying servers for the community and creating their own set of rules? If they were, we wouldn't be having this conversation, so I'll assume the answer is no. Akatsuki tried to institute the Euro rules in America, and do you know what we did? We bought our own servers, took all of the players who used to go to their server, and basically kicked them out. Now our rules reign supreme once more, and people are happy (ish).
I found the parts in bold contradict themselves. How can the game not be broken, but need changes be made? The honest truth is that the problem lies in both US and Euro Sides (since both players do the 3 hit combos). It's the fact that as i said before. The game is about who can cram as much dmg into their combo by making it 3 hits, and then adding beams. The damage percentage of those combos is ridiculous, and it happens both in Euro servers and US. And I believe it can be stopped by the team by adding in a faster recovery time from the ground, as well as knock back speed. I wouldn't even push for less ground dmg if those things were increased. because at least then you would know that if someone pulled off some of the ridiculous combos, that it would be because of skill. As of right know, its too easy to do a 3 hit and then beam spam when on the ground. So anyone can do it, and therefore everyone does do it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't understand how something can work just fine, but could still use various improvements to make it a better product? It's called progress.

I can suggest a bunch of things that should be changed, but none of it matters because we're dealing with 1.2. 1.2 isn't 1.3, so those suggestions don't automatically carry over. If you want to enjoy 1.2 on some level, you need to create and enforce your own set of rules. If you're a nice guy, your rules will make the gameplay experience for all people and not just yourself (NO MELEE WTF BANNED). It's up to you to decide how people play on your server, not the team.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

**** that.
Thats about stereotipical don't you think?

Sure you've seen some european use it but that doesn't mean other people from diferent continets don't exploit.

Just play with people you know and trust and problem solved.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats about stereotipical don't you think?

Sure you've seen some european use it but that doesn't mean other people from diferent continets don't exploit.

Just play with people you know and trust and problem solved.
No, it isn't stereotypical. It's what I've experienced in all but one European server frequented by pros.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes it is because you couldn't have possibly been in all of the servers.

And why did you even go on some of them if you would have a ping of 200+ ?
You act like there are 20 different servers that pros frequent. In case you actually believe that, there aren't.

Why not? You can't declare yourself the best in the world if you're only fighting people from one hemisphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom