Repititions

Best answers
Alright guys, I've been doing some insaine weightlifting, and i need to know, what is a repitition? is it doing just one full movement? (full movement - lifting the weight up and down once) or is it 5 full movements?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reps are the number of times you do something. Like 10 reps in a set.

Best answers
Sorry, i worded that wrong. I know what a rep is man, but I dont know how many times your supposed to lift in order for it to be called a rep.

Ex) Lets say im curling 20 Lbs, if I curl it up and down 5 times is it a repitition, or is it considered a rep when I curl It just once?

Best answers
Alright, thanks for the clearing up of that Issue. Thats what I've always thought what a rep was, but I asked around at school, just to be sure. And everyone there said that a rep is 5 full movements. Umm, Im requesting for this thread to stay open just to see other people's thoughts on what a rep is, just wanna be completely sure, you understand, right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I know a rep is one movement and then returning to the starting position for the next rep. So if you're benchpressing and you bring the weight down to your chest then push it back up, that's one rep.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people will say "doing 5 full curls is one rep" for a "push"
So they go:

It's something I do while weight lifting. It's pretty much a goal.

I don't know if it makes sense, but yeah, there you go :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just say you're going to do 25 reps <_<.

Opty and Ravendust has it right.

Best answers
I think that your question might revolve around another issue tho

If you are talking how much you can lift, and you say "I can rep 210 on bench" you're saying that you can press 210 at least five times in succession, aka without putting it down

If you're talking about how much you can lift only once, its your max out, so you say "I can max 240"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Just say you're going to do 25 reps <_<.

Opty and Ravendust has it right.
It's a mental thing.

I don't want to get into the details of it. Just pretend like I said something in this post really smart and intelligent.

Best answers
Alright, I think I got it. Lets say Im benching, if I go up and down with the bar 15 times, then I repped 15 times right? and If im curling and i go up and down with the weight 100 times then i've really repped 20 times?

Best answers
No, if you curl that you do 100 reps

A rep (repitition) is how many times you do the action, what i was saying earlier was more just talking with your friends about how much you can do

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Up and down = 1 rep

Go up and down 100 times = 100 reps

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1 movement = 1 rep

If your regimine demands 5 curls in your movement, with slightly different action each time, then those five are a rep. If it's only a curl, one curl is one rep.

As far as Brim's statment concerning what can you bench, I disagree entirely, though people may be more interested in how much weight you can successfully do in sets, many people simply want to know your maximum. My Max is 300 lbs, but I can only rep 260 or so 5 times. So I can bench 300, but it's a one shot deal.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Just lift weights until you've used up all of your strength, you won't be able to move a muscle. Then using ONLY your will power, chin crawl over to a bag of senzu beans, eat one, and start the process over again.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
1 movement = 1 rep

If your regimine demands 5 curls in your movement, with slightly different action each time, then those five are a rep. If it's only a curl, one curl is one rep.

As far as Brim's statment concerning what can you bench, I disagree entirely, though people may be more interested in how much weight you can successfully do in sets, many people simply want to know your maximum. My Max is 300 lbs, but I can only rep 260 or so 5 times. So I can bench 300, but it's a one shot deal.
That's what I was trying to say, I guess I said it wrong

Best answers
Alright then, I have it all figured out now. I was doing it right the whole time. Now I have to tell all of my friends that they are wrong and tell them what a rep really is. Thanks everyone, an administrator or a mod or whatever may close this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom