Renzoku For Everyone

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ki blobs do most of the damage, so that should be removed from Vegeta's renzoku.
Wow, we actually agree on something. :D Anyway, if you guys aren't gonna remove the blob, at least make it normal. It just reaches its max. size too fast and explodes right away, killing up to 3 people if they're close enough.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree taht the blob should be taken out. Renzoku has a major weak spot. It can't hit a moving target.

Even if your aim is dead on. By the time the blast reaches that place and explodes the person is already away.

Due to the little trick ussed to pull it off. It cant hit anything in its path. Thats also the reason you cant block it.

Removing the blob would make it as usefull as Ginyus bodyswap is now.

In canse noone noticed. Renzoku works as folows. Delayed explosion at the place where you are aiming. If the aim is over a character its in the air where the person was when you pressed the button. Other than taht the sprites you see fly through everyting. You can call them ghosts or illusions if you want. So unless you are on the flor or standing still. Renzoku will not affect you.

I say drain the blob damage down to allmost 0. And keep a the impact damage bigger than a normal kiblast. Also genbeam detonations should have reduced damage for normal kiblobs and the renzoku blob.

So basicly if you use it youll do minimal damage. Unless you hit it with a strong attack (like the spiritbomb the guy was charging when you renzokud him ^^)

To sum me up. Removing the renzoku blom will make it worse than it is in 1.2

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would you shoot tons of ki blasts at a moving target? The goal is to knock someone down to the ground, and form blobs around them. That is quite easily achieved.

Rather than treat renzoku as a different ki blast, change it to beams, and make it work the way it did in the manga. What part of it damages people? The beam itself, and splash damage. Rather than form blobs, the beams would do 1-2 damage, but because you're firing so many, they'd be doing some fairly good damage. It would balance itself out, because people would recover and evade. If they're stuck on the ground too long, decrease the time needed to recover. That'll get people back into the fray a little quicker, and renzoku and ki blasts won't be annoying.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would you shoot tons of ki blasts at a moving target? The goal is to knock someone down to the ground, and form blobs around them. That is quite easily achieved.

Rather than treat renzoku as a different ki blast, change it to beams, and make it work the way it did in the manga. What part of it damages people? The beam itself, and splash damage. Rather than form blobs, the beams would do 1-2 damage, but because you're firing so many, they'd be doing some fairly good damage. It would balance itself out, because people would recover and evade. If they're stuck on the ground too long, decrease the time needed to recover. That'll get people back into the fray a little quicker, and renzoku and ki blasts won't be annoying.

Hehe that may work ^^

But i find myself guilty of using it to spam that spirit bomb charger on the other side of the map every chance i get.

That blob is perfect for it. Built very fast and its huge.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering this is the beta and all, I'm expecting A-melee to interrupt actions, allowing you to interrupt the guy charging the SB. The Renzoku I just came up with could work if he isn't firing at everything that isn't your target, though.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering this is the beta and all, I'm expecting A-melee to interrupt actions, allowing you to interrupt the guy charging the SB. The Renzoku I just came up with could work if he isn't firing at everything that isn't your target, though.
Yea i see waht you mean ^^

Well cant argue with logic. But as said im guilty at spaming people who charge attacks in blobrange ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well in 1.3 when i look at a spirit bomb i see an easy 300,000 pl boost, so do you really want to destroy it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow Zeo, way to make the idea better. I like your Renzoku idea ALOT more. I'm sure it would be something to watch from a distance.

And for my Renzoku for everyone idea, why not change the way the character fires their ki blasts? Having everyone do the exact same thing is kinda boring, even if it is a small part.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow Zeo, way to make the idea better. I like your Renzoku idea ALOT more. I'm sure it would be something to watch from a distance.

And for my Renzoku for everyone idea, why not change the way the character fires their ki blasts? Having everyone do the exact same thing is kinda boring, even if it is a small part.
Exactly, which is where Vegeta differs from everyone else. He can use Renzoku.

Best answers
No no and no. No way. Just like Grega said, it would weaken Vegeta. However the team could raise the current speed of the right-click ki blast a little, but no way giving renzoku to everyone.
True. Very true. Everyone should have a faster ki blast fire-rate, except vegeta of course.:laff:

But if they have faster fire-rate, I suggest more ki is spent.

Surprisingly (lol j/k), I have to go with Zeo on this one, his idea is pretty good.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hesitated to suggest a faster ki-blast rate because the goal was to make ki blobs less of a problem. They did that by upping the number of ki blasts needed to form the blob. If you're shooting faster, you're shooting more, bringing the ki blob back into the fold.

The only way to get around that is to up the number of ki blasts needed to form blobs once again.

I'm against upping the amount of ki needed to fire ki blasts, because they're just tiny balls of energy. If someone can fly, jump 50 feet up, and fire concentrated beams of pure energy, he shouldn't have too much difficulty firing little energy...things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True. Very true. Everyone should have a faster ki blast fire-rate, except vegeta of course.:laff: But if they have faster fire-rate, I suggest more ki is spent.
Well that can't be avoided, since the faster the fire-rate, the faster the ki drainage. Although it you meant that every ki blast needs to cost more ki, then it's a good idea.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The character is firing them at a faster rate, not putting more energy into each ki blast. There's no reason to up the ki drain of ki blasts in addition to the ki drain faster firing would impose.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly, which is where Vegeta differs from everyone else. He can use Renzoku.
I was talking about just changing the way each person fires the their ki blast when you hit 2 on the keyboard and having Renzoku for only vegeta. Zeo convinced me.

And as for Ki blobs, why not have them blow up faster, so they stay smaller. Or even better, add smoke effects and explosions and get rid of the blob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom