Renzoku For Everyone

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the move Renzoku. I can bring so much pain to someone, it just tickles me pink. Too bad it's only for one character and since many people have the same fetish that I have, they also use Vegeta. In a server, I usually find more then half of the people use vegeta and the renzoku attack. Now, I'm not saying get rid of the attack, that would be horrible. I'm saying give this type of attack to everyone and give different variations to different people.

My idea came from the help of Budokai Tenkaichi 2. In that game they have Energy Wave Barrage, Energy Blast Volley, and other the 10 similar attacks. Well, why not add it to ESF? If you gave each character a "Renzoku" type attack, it would ensure that one character wouldn't be used the most out of everyone else.

And when I mean add variations, I mean just that. One variation should be shooting out a barrage of generic beams or another is a volley of generic balls. These attacks would be amazing if they could land. Just like the Renzoku, it won't always attack your opponent. It will have a chance to fly past them. Also, it leaves the person performing the attack open for any attack that could come his way.

And here is my twist. These types of attacks can struggle against each other. But instead of the blasts not blowing up, like every energy attack, these struggle for a second before blowing up, or going through the other persons attack.

Let me go more into it. Person A has a pl of 2 million and person B has a pl of 3 million. Both plays use the Renzoku type attack against each other. Since the arc of the attacks are all the same, the energy collides, struggles for a sec and then the stronger side's (side B) attack goes and hits the opposite player, depending on the difference between the player's pl. Since the gap was only 1 million, then 4 energy attacks out of 10 or 7 out of 15 hit the other player. If the pl gap is bigger then more will hit. If someone wastes all their ki, then they get hit with all the attacks.

Best answers
yeah i think it's a great idea to give them all a renzoku! in the series we can see all the characters using this atack!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you for pointing that out. It is true, most every character used a similar attack to the Renzoku. Usually one person rushed at them, knocked them to the ground and then unleashed hell at their opponent. But the opponent usually got up.

Best answers
@ Let me go more into it. Person A has a pl of 2 million and person B has a pl of 3 million. Both plays use the Renzoku type attack against each other. Since the arc of the attacks are all the same, the energy collides, struggles for a sec and then the stronger side's (side B) attack goes and hits the opposite player, depending on the difference between the player's pl. Since the gap was only 1 million, then 4 energy attacks out of 10 or 7 out of 15 hit the other player. If the pl gap is bigger then more will hit. If someone wastes all their ki, then they get hit with all the attacks.

Well i don't think the arc of the atack is the same ! i mean when 2 people use renzoku against each other it's a smal chance that the ki balls will encouter!
hope u get the point!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NO. Vegeta is already a Goku lookalike in stats. Having him loose the one attack that makes him special would be like giving Goku special beam canon and giving Piccolo final flash.

Each character has his own unique ability. And Vegetas strongest point is his new renzoku.

Ginyu has his squad members and the androids dont get a radar lock (that thing that shows your PL)

Frieza has attacks that cant be blocked. Trunks is melee orientated. And so on. Vegetas only trick is renzoku. Final Flash and Big Bang are good but they leave you stationary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No no and no. No way. Just like Grega said, it would weaken Vegeta. However the team could raise the current speed of the right-click ki blast a little, but no way giving renzoku to everyone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion renzoku is a wee bit overpowered now >: ( It shouls be toned down by about 20%. Oh and giving that attack to everyone is a good idea :p But it's too powerfull now :| Once you get hit to the ground and forget to press space in time, boom, you're dead.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Renzoku is a very very cheap move. Vegeta has become the new Frieza in that all you do is smash someone into the ground or wall and then unload Renzoku and you get a kill. I'm usually top on Phobs server when I play as Vegeta. Where's the fun in being extremely cheap?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Renzoku is a very very cheap move. Vegeta has become the new Frieza in that all you do is smash someone into the ground or wall and then unload Renzoku and you get a kill. I'm usually top on Phobs server when I play as Vegeta. Where's the fun in being extremely cheap?

Renzokus only use is when someone is on the ground. Noone can hit you in the air unless you are playing a floating statue.

Yea the damage should be toned down but that happens when attacks get balanced out. YOu know like kiblobs also getting toned down and stuff like that.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not make it a separate attack but it doesn't blob?

This way Renzoku is less cheap (losing the blob cuts it a bit) but Vegeta isn't crippled in ki blasts as in earlier versions?

Best answers
the "probleme" with the renzoku blob it's that is created very fast! try fire a single blast with renzoku using the left mouse button i will see that one ki ball will create a big blob! meanwhile a normal ki blast from other characters u must fire at least 3 ki balls to creat a a small blob!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's a pretty good idea. That's probably how they will balance it out. No blob. It'll be like Piccolo's scattershot from 1.2, only faster. It's usually the blob, or rather its explosion that kills. Removing the blob would balance it out quite well.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that wouldnt make sense, and besides 3 balls pretty much shoot out instantaneously anyway

i think only certain characters should (the weaker ones) get renzoku, and even before that renzoku has to be really weakened down cause its massively unbalanced right now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Renzoku needs to remain as Vegeta-only. However, its damage output does need to be reduced by about 20%

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that Renzoku is what makes Vegeta unique, giving it to everyone will take it away.

If it's annoying to see everybody as Vegeta, custom models is a good choice =]

Best answers
I think it would be cooler if Vegeta's renzoku looked more like little beams rather than ki-blobs.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it would be cooler if Vegeta's renzoku looked more like little beams rather than ki-blobs.
Agreed. When I think of renzoku, I think of Vegeta shooting dozens of beams at Zarbon during their second battle.

Ki blobs do most of the damage, so that should be removed from Vegeta's renzoku. Since he's machine gun firing the beams/ki blasts, they should maybe do 1 or 2 damage a piece at max. The sheer number of beams/ki blasts would make up for the low damage.

The rate at which people fire ki blasts should probably be upped slightly, since ki blobs aren't nearly as effective as they once were.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the renzoku blob is ridiculously effective especially when used in combination with a gen blast

so i agree the blob part should be taken out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom