rendering with ms3d?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now, im sure you know this isnt a question out of stupidity, i know ms3d doesnt have rendering capabilities by itself, the closest thing it has is the viewport export thing, which, doesnt do anything special, except put a shadow under your character,

there is a program called POV ray or sumthin like that, that someone said you could use to render ms3d files, so i downloaded it, (its freeware), and i didnt see any option to open .ms3d, so i exported the POV file from milkshape, and imported that,...

im assuming you just hit run on the POV ray program, but to no avail, it didnt render,

anyone here know how to get it working right?
or know any freeware renders that you can use with ms3d? (i dont mean freeware as in you can download it for free, i mean download it for free LEGALLY)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i´m using Pov ray too it´s not so hard:

OK you need Pov ray and the pov ray plugin for Ms3d (think you got both)

Then export your model as pov ray file in a new folder .
Copy all the textures you used in this folder too.
The go in the Pov ray folder there´s another folder called Sample.
Use the Samplescene file and put it also in the folder where you exportet your model.
Then open Pov ray.
Open the Sample file and then the exported model file.

So far so good.

Let´s say your model is called : Goku (just for exaample)

In pov ray click in the status bar on the sample scene .
scroll down.

There must be somewheere the line : model nam (or something like this) delete the old name and put Goku in it (or what the model is called ) the try run.

there are a lot of things that you can change but this are the basics .

If you don´t understand it just read the manual i learned it this way to :p

Best answers
LINK!!!!!

can you give me a link!!!! i cant find it with google

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
err, look around on milkshape3d.com's forums, thats where i found it

but i managed to get the render working, i aint figurd out how to do any effects, and i barely learned ho wto align the camera, but i got it working,

it makes ALOT clearer and sharper renders than anything 3dsm has produced, (that ive seen), but i still aint figured out the effects, that would make it alot better if it was as simple as 3dsm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom