Remove Charge Bar

Best answers
One thing that distracts combat and seems like an almost pointless thing to do is to add a charge bar to weaker attacks like Generic Balls/Blasts. I think these attacks shouldn't use a charge bar. Instead, there should be a short pause while the person uses the move where they would still be mobile. Using the attacks would automatically charge it and fire it. Holding the key would allow you to time the release.

Currently Ki Attacks do damage based on Power Level and the amount of Ki Consumption.

Charging Turbo could both raise PL and make the attacks consume more Ki. The more Turbo is charged, the greater the effect.

If all Ki Attacks functioned this way, including KHH, Gallit Gun, SBC, etc then you could completely remove the charge bar from regular combat. I think it just complicates things, and this would make it easier to play and balance the game. Attacks could be canceled mid-use by pressing another number key.

Where would overpowering attacks come from? You could make all charged Ki attacks come from the SAM bar. That's where the charge bar would appear. The more you charge it, the more Ki is consumed and the larger the sprite and size of the Beam/Bomb attack would become. When Ki runs out, stamina drains at a percentage rate (in case stamina levels increase through Transformations).

You could even add sounds to it where the character says something quick when using the moves (I'm a big fan of adding voice into the game whenever possible). Like... HAA! or... umm... AHH! or... DIE! lol. I'd suggest randomly selecting a sound if possible so it doesn't get old. Maybe make sounds only occur when using Turbo.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"No charge bar. People look at beam's size (in their hands) and Ki consumption speed in order to decide when they are ready to release the beam. After the beam is fully charged, Ki is no longer consumed by beam (and player sees it)."

Sounds good. Charge bar is useless.

I'll definitely create an addon for those sounds if possible.

Last edited:
Best answers
Yeah and I was thinking that instead of consuming more Ki the longer you hold it, make it so Ki consumption would only increase with Turbo and Charging Turbo.

EX
Regular:
Generic Ball consumes 5 Ki + PL dmg

Turbo:
Generic Ball consumes 10 Ki + PL dmg

Charged Turbo:
Generic Ball consumes 10-15 Ki + PL dmg

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But that leaves you with no choice.

Right now for every single beam you have the choice betwean power and meneverability.

Meaning a fully charged beam will do a lot more damage. But it wont be able to turn to fast, where a minimum charge beam does less damage and turns faster.

The charge bar lets you decide while charging what you need.

Ofcourse there is a secondary level to this. The more the charge the faster the beam.

Basically the more maneverable the beam, the slower it is. This way we leave players the option to decide betwean speed/charge time and power/meneverability

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom