Reminder to...

Best answers
all of you who are suggesting more Ki moves, or ALL moves in the cartoon need to remember that in DBZ most of the fighting is melee. Punches, Kicks, Transporting, an occasional Kamehameha, and a spirit bomb or final flash used at the end (hence, FINAL flash). IMO, ki moves should not be there as an arsenal at your disposal, but a last resort, and for the more powerful, an advantage, not something to whore :D

Note: I'm not insulting anyone who is suggesting more Ki moves, don't get offensive, just stating my own opinion.

Best answers
errr..... do u make the game??? or does the esf team make the game??? and for who do they make the game??? first they made it for them, and they listened to sum peeps that had great ideas like keys for beam moving so u can make a circle without turning your self etc.

u dont even have the beta yet, and u didnt look at the vids, because:

they fought 50/50 melee and beams.

i think this is a useless thread. ppl can suggest if they want, the esf team will do what they think they like, not hear to us. if it would be so they would have released the beta 1 in february of 2002.

and because of all the flames that would be here then because there are loads of bugs like crashing etc, the whole mod would be shut down (maybe they work together but they will not show anyone that they still work on it, because they have fun with the mod)

Best answers
um..... so in shorter words, you are saying ESF team will do whatever the hell they want, and this suggestion forum is just a smokescreen to keep the media happy?

and yes I did look at the vids. And what THEY fought and what is allowed to be fought are two different things... but yeah you're right.

Best answers
Originally posted by KuBaN
um..... so in shorter words, you are saying ESF team will do whatever the hell they want, and this suggestion forum is just a smokescreen to keep the media happy?

and yes I did look at the vids. And what THEY fought and what is allowed to be fought are two different things... but yeah you're right.
Basically :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a section for suggestions for the mod, not people who suggest things...

Best answers
Originally posted by Sierra Sonic
This is a section for suggestions for the mod, not people who suggest things...
ppl do list there ideas, and when a dev thinks that it is a good idea he will post. but i rarely seen this so only a few ideas are picked from the thousands. and the ideas that they think is good will be in later beta versions. they already have enough for beta 1.

Best answers
Perhaps what you should've done was suggested that the team add some controls for how much ki moves can be used. Examples:

- A different mode of play
- server settings so that you can set when you get to use certain moves like, when you hit a certain PL it unlocks a new move
- server settings to control how long beforeyou can use a ki move again
- server settings that let you define how much Ki a move sucks out of you

Making your posts like this makes it look like (at least look like :p) you are actually suggesting something, and not just saying "the team should do this".
And I agree that melee should be a big focus
of the mod, as just shooting off beams will get boring after a while. I'd like to see a bit of work put into the "generic ki" moves. The smaller ki blasts that require little or no charging. It looks like they've already put some good work into it with the whole deflecting ki blasts and stuff. Should be good.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no no no no no!If you played bfp you would know that gaining an attack after reaching a certain power level sucked big time!You should be able to use all your attacks at all time,cause all attacks have their own advantages

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are right sorry for kinda flaming you.Just almost everybody who like dbz knows about bid for power and its tragic story

Best answers
I just did some looking and found this "Bid for Power". Looks awesome, but its for Quake :-(. Tragic story?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by KuBaN
I just did some looking and found this "Bid for Power". Looks awesome, but its for Quake :-(. Tragic story?
The tragic story is.It was going to be a promising mod,untill(pherhaps they ignored the copyrights,i don't no)there contract was fragged by toriami and funimations so they where no longer allowed to use dbz chars.Very very sad:cry: But cheer up ,here's ESF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
So, isn't ESF gonna have the same problem? Or did they just infringe on some major copyright thing that ESF isn't?

Best answers
Originally posted by catfish
Perhaps what you should've done was suggested that the team add some controls for how much ki moves can be used. Examples:

- A different mode of play
- server settings so that you can set when you get to use certain moves like, when you hit a certain PL it unlocks a new move
- server settings to control how long beforeyou can use a ki move again
- server settings that let you define how much Ki a move sucks out of you

And I agree that melee should be a big focus
of the mod, as just shooting off beams will get boring after a while. I'd like to see a bit of work put into the "generic ki" moves. The smaller ki blasts that require little or no charging. It looks like they've already put some good work into it with the whole deflecting ki blasts and stuff. Should be good.
So long as these values couldn't be hacked that would be interesting. I'm not so sure about the time limit on the ki attacks stuff: wouldn't people be constantly in turbo then, because they wouldn't be able to spend their ki on anything else? Additionally, I believe the current idea is to have unlockable attacks in the beta: Vegeta doesn't get final flash until he's a supersaiyan, etc.

Best answers
Originally posted by [UCB]Hi_There!
So long as these values couldn't be hacked that would be interesting. I'm not so sure about the time limit on the ki attacks stuff: wouldn't people be constantly in turbo then, because they wouldn't be able to spend their ki on anything else? Additionally, I believe the current idea is to have unlockable attacks in the beta: Vegeta doesn't get final flash until he's a supersaiyan, etc.
yes it is. vegeta gets his final flash and big bang as ssj

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Flash is hard to do in the beta:

1) you need to be really powerful to do a full one because it take up so much ki.

2) It takes a long time to charge. Within that time you will most likely be meleed all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom