Remember I asked about video editing/recording software?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, I use fraps for video recording. I found it's the most useful because it records really high quality stuff but at a huge cost (gigabytes). Well I have downloaded a trial of Adobe Premier and it's great. I love it. It's simple, effective, extremely user friendly, and it does everything I could want it to do and more.

But one slight minor problem. I'm having trouble encoding it into a file that's high quality. Adobe will do it for me, and so far everything I have tried proved futile. The quality always comes out rather horrendous actually. If anyone has used this product, or knows something that can encode (or whatever it does, I don't know the terms too well as I'm new at this) and give me a high quality file that's not gigabytes in size. That'd be great. Thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you can render it as a mpeg for high quality.

Unless the encoder is terrible. What I usually do is if I make a video (In sony vegas 8), I encode it into a mpeg which has fine quality.

What resolution are you working under? That might be it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always had the same problem. What I did, was making movie in Adobe Premiere, get Gigabytic file, then edit it in Windows Movie Maker where I can easily change it's size.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try updating your codecs.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think you can render it as a mpeg for high quality.

Unless the encoder is terrible. What I usually do is if I make a video (In sony vegas 8), I encode it into a mpeg which has fine quality.

What resolution are you working under? That might be it.
The resolution is 1280x1024, that's the resolution I use when I make videos. (My desktop, and all of my video games resolutions).

Gryph said:
Try updating your codecs.
To be honest, and please don't laugh, I don't know where to go, let alone how to. I've tried updating them in the past but it was never a "unzip and install" type of thing. So any link or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The resolution is 1280x1024, that's the resolution I use when I make videos. (My desktop, and all of my video games resolutions).

To be honest, and please don't laugh, I don't know where to go, let alone how to. I've tried updating them in the past but it was never a "unzip and install" type of thing. So any link or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Google K-lite mega codec pack. I don't know if those are the kinds of codecs you're looking for, but it's the end all, be all codec pack.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Sweet, thanks for the quick replies I appreciate that.

Kaination, if I may ask your opinion on Vegas 8, how is it on User Friendlyness of Vegas 8? I might want to give it a whirl. I do like Adobe Premier what I've experienced so far, but getting some things to work can be rather annoying. If vegas is a little easier to use i may try that out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've tryed most of the editing software on the market, I'm no expert but I can safely say Vegas 8 is user friendly, it's interface is easily accessible and customizable you can just drag anything wherever you want and it does exactly what you ware looking for, the video effects are well ordered, and you can even customize the effects to a certain degree.

Also like luckyas said I render it in vegas then in movie maker, it works wonders.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I've tryed most of the editing software on the market, I'm no expert but I can safely say Vegas 8 is user friendly, it's interface is easily accessible and customizable you can just drag anything wherever you want and it does exactly what you ware looking for, the video effects are well ordered, and you can even customize the effects to a certain degree.

Also like luckyas said I render it in vegas then in movie maker, it works wonders.
Out of sheer curiosity, why not just do all your editing in vegas (or whatever it is you use), and then also render it with the same product?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of sheer curiosity, why not just do all your editing in vegas (or whatever it is you use), and then also render it with the same product?
Well I do all my editing in vegas, I never actualy found a good way of rendering at a low file size without screwing the quality in a major way, thats why I finish the project in vegas, render in a .avi format then just import that file in Windows Movie Maker and render it again there.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well I do all my editing in vegas, I never actualy found a good way of rendering at a low file size without screwing the quality in a major way, thats why I finish the project in vegas, render in a .avi format then just import that file in Windows Movie Maker and render it again there.
Wouldn't rendering it twice hurt the quality.

And I WANT a high quality video. I want the quality to be so high in fact, that I want people to be able to read the text in the video. I just don't want my 4 minute video being 30 gigs in size. But it seems no matter what I do, all my renderings come out in nothing more than an extremely low quality video.

For example it's blurry, or it tears, or it skips. Etc etc. Nothing so far has worked well.

I even tried rendering it vegas like Kain said. But the quality was horrid. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I must be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't rendering it twice hurt the quality.

And I WANT a high quality video. I want the quality to be so high in fact, that I want people to be able to read the text in the video. I just don't want my 4 minute video being 30 gigs in size. But it seems no matter what I do, all my renderings come out in nothing more than an extremely low quality video.

For example it's blurry, or it tears, or it skips. Etc etc. Nothing so far has worked well.

I even tried rendering it vegas like Kain said. But the quality was horrid. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I must be.
No, the quality is excelent even if you render it twice, using vegas and wmv , just try it and let me know if you liked it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
No, the quality is excelent even if you render it twice, using vegas and wmv , just try it and let me know if you liked it.
Well how does the video come out when you render it via vegas? Because when I render it via vegas (or anything else for that matter). It comes out terrible. I doubt rendering it again to another codec would fix it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, render it uncompressed, then use VirtualDub or something similar to encode.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Mmmmm, I haven't seen an option for it uncompressed. I'll have to check around. And yeah I'll definitely give that a shot, thanks a lot.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
When you click the render button, theres a box just like you chose what format to save it in paint, thats where you chose uncompressed.
It seems like when ever I accomplish something or have the slightest bit of hope, something goes wrong. Now when I go to the Export button and click "export to Adobe Media Encoder" it doesn't do anything. Do I have to have a certain thing clicked on because it's never done this before :( I tried restarting the program and I have the video just the way I want it.

All it needs to do is be exported so I can render it like you said D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems like when ever I accomplish something or have the slightest bit of hope, something goes wrong. Now when I go to the Export button and click "export to Adobe Media Encoder" it doesn't do anything. Do I have to have a certain thing clicked on because it's never done this before :( I tried restarting the program and I have the video just the way I want it.

All it needs to do is be exported so I can render it like you said D:
Sorry but I'm clueless, I didn't use adobe long enough to know more than the basics of it, I suggest you get the sony vegas 8.0 trial version of 30 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom