Releasing 1.3 update over steam? or..

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Do you just release an update for the current client via steam, or will you release a completely new installer via the website...?

Has it changed that much that it's practically a re-write? thus, no update can be made?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New Installer more then likely.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, could you not tell from the videos it was practically a re-write? The entire MAP system changed...I'm guessing old maps from 1.2.3 won't even work anymore.

ALso, no Half-Life mod uses Steamworks...while it would be awesome and potentially increase the user-base, Valve is not interested.

Seems they've lost interest in doing it for Source mods, I remember back in 2008 / 2009, it was this huge deal; but Valve only did like 10 mods in the end and has totally forgotten in later 2009 / all of 2010.

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dude, could you not tell from the videos it was practically a re-write? The entire MAP system changed...I'm guessing old maps from 1.2.3 won't even work anymore.

ALso, no Half-Life mod uses Steamworks...while it would be awesome and potentially increase the user-base, Valve is not interested.

Seems they've lost interest in doing it for Source mods, I remember back in 2008 / 2009, it was this huge deal; but Valve only did like 10 mods in the end and has totally forgotten in later 2009 / all of 2010.
Sorry mate, I didn't know..

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Has released the latest version 1.3??

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has released the latest version 1.3??
Not yet ^^.

I wouldn't worry about it being through Steamworks. It's pretty much guaranteed to be a full installer considering everything's been replaced. I'd also imagine there'd be quite a few mirrors so everyone'll be able to download it without a problem.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though you should really contact Valve on trying for it...the first HL mod to be on Steamworks...cmon guys ~ They'd have to show appreciation for what yer doin with the Engine.

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I have not credit card so I can not to purchase from the steam hl1 or find another way to buy genuine

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though you should really contact Valve on trying for it...the first HL mod to be on Steamworks...cmon guys ~ They'd have to show appreciation for what yer doin with the Engine.
They already said that "No half Life 1 modification will ever be supported by Steamworks" They have their reasons and the reasons are plausible.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't think we haven't contacted Valve over numerous issues :p But yeah, like Grega said, Valve has many good reasons to no longer worry about supporting GldSrc, branding aside.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if it was a source mod, I doubt Valve would be so bold as to host and promote a game based on IP the creators don't own.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have actually had a discussion with Valve in person regarding the release of Half-life 1 mods over steam. They have several valid reasons for not doing this and it's not just exclusive to ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have actually had a discussion with Valve in person regarding the release of Half-life 1 mods over steam. They have several valid reasons for not doing this and it's not just exclusive to ESF.
Several valid reasons like? Just curious. :p

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just imagine it's no real benefit to them...and would require a decent bit of work on their end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom