[RELEASED] ESF Open Beta #2 Installer

Best answers
[Released] - esf Open Beta installation file.

Hey,

Do you want to have a easy to understand installer for esf? yes
Do you want to download the file without having to wait? yes
Do you want to see some screenshots of it before you download it? yes
Do you want fast speeds? yes
Did you liked redsaiyan? yes

If you read the above uestions and you thought YES with all of them than this is the place to be:

http://redsaiyan.info/index.php?act=view&id=1

and some info about redsaiyan.
this time it`s not mine.. the script that you see there is a script that i "made" it`s based on pafiledb and i just modified that greadly.

I am a member on redsaiyan.info with administrator rights.. i don`t own the site nor can i tell anyone to do things there.. i just help a bit!!

The owner if this site is Myst!c. don`t blame me for re re opening redsaiyan ... blame him :p

o and about the installer.. i will try to make installer files of all open beta`s that will come and if i make them they will appear on redsaiyan.info first.. maybe after that on some upload sites aswell..

and could someone put the above link in the mirror list? and perhaps on the main page aswell?

Thanx.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sweet, It's nice to see people providing more mirrors. But do remember HL2Files always has screenshots on each file ^_^, even for the Open Beta as well.

Best answers
Sweet, It's nice to see people providing more mirrors. But do remember HL2Files always has screenshots on each file ^_^, even for the Open Beta as well.
for the screenshots:
well.. i needed a list :p

btw.. this is not just a "mirror" the file that you download is a installation file!! :D took me quite a while to get that installation script done..

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Which I forgot to mention with it, yea. Nicely done. I'm downloading it at the moment to check it out. You do realize about future releases each 2 weeks, right?

Best answers
yes i do realize that :p
but now that the NSIS script is done the new installer for the new beta build can be done within 15 minutes after i`ve downloaded the files. and that add another 30 minutes to upload it and add another 5 minutes till it`s in the database with screenshots and such... :) so the installation file (which is smaller than the original!!) can be online within 50 minutes after i`ve downloaded those files from the seeds.. and with this build it took me about 4 hours to download it from that seed.

btw... how fast do you download it? (just curious)

o btw.. i changed one option.. mp_graph or sv_graph (whatever it is) is set to 0 in this package.. i didn`t want to annoying stats :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
150kb/sec, which is my max download speed of where I am at the moment, so. It's nice. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice work man, the speed is way more than my maximum of 32 KB/s (that's kilobytes, not kilobits) so I'm dling as fast as possible. Thanx.

Best answers
and it`s about 30mb smaller :)
and i didn`t left out one thing!!!

Best answers
Yea that was a great job gohanssj2 ty for making that, im the new owner of redsaiyan any questions just PM me ill be happy to answer them :D

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
rs should be resting in peace if you ask me. no need to revive something that was once famous. I better stop talking now or I'll start flaming.

anyway, the installer is probably a good idea. It might helps the users who are either too stupid or lazy to extract it manually (though if they're too stupid they shouldn't play the beta at all ;P)

Mog

Best answers
Does this installer put the esf_bot files in the correct locations?
If not, then it's probably far more effort to use this installer...

I think I prefer my modified version of the normal zip file
- the esf_bot files go into the right location, has the mp3 folder & manager back, and metamod + amxmodx are pre-installed.

And all I need to do to install it is: go to the Half-Life folder, one right-mouse drag-drop, one click... and it's all installed. :smile:

Best answers
Does this installer put the esf_bot files in the correct locations?
If not, then it's probably far more effort to use this installer...

I think I prefer my modified version of the normal zip file
- the esf_bot files go into the right location, has the mp3 folder & manager back, and metamod + amxmodx are pre-installed.

And all I need to do to install it is: go to the Half-Life folder, one right-mouse drag-drop, one click... and it's all installed. :smile:
you don`t NEED to use it.. if you don`t want it than do it your way.. what you want is a installation that is made for the lazy men... even with AMXMODX.. this installer does the exact same thing as extracting the esf stuff in the half-life folder.. and it adds a start menu entry (and desktop shortcut).. that`s it!!

please post critics based on something. or just be happy.

rs should be resting in peace if you ask me. no need to revive something that was once famous. I better stop talking now or I'll start flaming.

anyway, the installer is probably a good idea. It might helps the users who are either too stupid or lazy to extract it manually (though if they're too stupid they shouldn't play the beta at all ;P)
this time it`s not my idea :p but i`m just helping a bit anyway.

Mog

Best answers
But does the installer force the bot files to go inside a folder named "esf_inteam" instead of the normal "esf_openbeta" ?

If it doesn't do that, then bots won't work properly...
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=68234

I just think that if someone is going to make another install file, it should put the stuff in the right place this time... :rolleyes:
But I guess if people can't even figure out how to unzip a zip file, they probably won't be able to figure out how to use bots either, so it doesn't really matter that it installs wrong!

Best answers
sorry mog i didn`t fixed that.
i just made a installer from the zip file and that`s it. with the next build i will look here first if there are any problems.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But does the installer force the bot files to go inside a folder named "esf_inteam" instead of the normal "esf_openbeta" ?

If it doesn't do that, then bots won't work properly...
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=68234

I just think that if someone is going to make another install file, it should put the stuff in the right place this time... :rolleyes:
But I guess if people can't even figure out how to unzip a zip file, they probably won't be able to figure out how to use bots either, so it doesn't really matter that it installs wrong!

Thats a coding problem. Since the inteam version is esf_inteam dirtectory.

And the openbeta is the same. Just that the directory is renamed to esf_openbeta

Thats why the code searches for bot files in esf_inteam.

Mog

Best answers
Yeah, I knew what caused the problem before I even mentioned it, and i'm guessing it has already been sorted out for the next release?

I think that if you were to just install the open beta to a folder called esf_inteam, then you wouldn't be able to join any public servers that use the esf_openbeta folder...
Therefore, I think the open beta has to be installed in two folders - the way I described in my thread. :smile:

[note: This post is talking about the first release of the open beta, future builds (like the one to be released in a day or so) will not need to do any of what I mentioned to get bots working properly.]

Best answers
as soon as i have the new version (should be here soon) i will make a new installer of it. if needed i will update the installer later on to fix bot issues.

Best answers
DOWNLOAD

do i need to say more?
report any bugs in here please.

this version won`t have a update from the previous version because i need registry keys for that.. this installer sets those keys so the next version can have a installer.

Have fun fragging.

Best answers
wicked thanx for uploading that mark85, yea and everyone else site is coming along great almost finshed it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom