Am I a bad person?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it wrong for me to enjoy ESF as a means to vent my anger on other people? I'm a fairly level-headed, nice guy, and yet, when I'm playing ESF I take sheer, sadistic joy from blasting people to pieces and slamming them into things over and over and over again. It isn't enough to simply beat them, I have to kill them repeatedly. Track down the same person and keep killing them until they leave or my lust for inflicting pain on his ESF form is sated. I don't mean start screaming at my monitor and smacking the keyboard, like you see in those Google vids, but experiencing a rush from knowing I beat that person and that beyond a shadow of a doubt, I am the better player. Until that point is reached where all my anger has been unleased and I start to calm down, I find myself purely violent towards my fellow man.

Maybe this should have gone as one of those anonymous confessions, but I wanted some actual feedback. Am I a bad person? In fact, lets make it a poll.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder how you'd react if, while in your rage, someone far superior than you beat you and hunted you down over and over just because you had been doing the same.

You are not a bad person. You just have too much free time on your hands, and are probably too scared to take out your anger on people who are there with you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually cool down if the above happens. I know I can't win, so the bloodlust subsides.

Maybe that's my problem, I don't have anger on the people who are here. Not that they do anything angering, but still.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They don't need to do anything. Sometimes its ok to just get pissed off at people without them knowing why. Then, the next time you see them, pretend nothing happened and continue doing whatever you do with that person.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's called venting, yes?

Not a bad thing. <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's nothing wrong with venting, whether you exact your anger on AI or other players, as long as it's kept in the digital realm you're not doing anything wrong - i'd even encourage it, keeps you from venting in R/L.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wellcome to the club my friend. Only i enjoy plaaing against someone who has the same skill as me. Noobs get borring and Pros aint to good for relaxing ^^ The competition drives me :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, hurt those around you. You'll feel much better and it'll last longer. You won't have friends and everyone will hate you, but at least you'll have vented in a more destructive fashion.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Zeo on this one- kick some person's ass feels much better than kicking some guys ass in a game. Think of it this way, when I head shot 10 people in a row in CS;S i'm good for like 5 minutes. When I beat me my mom; I'm good for a few days.

But seriously- I used to only play esf when i was mad- because it was a great way for me to just vent my anger. But I don't get angry anymore- so i don't play esf anymore.

Here's a useful tip: Getting angry won't solve anything so there isn't much of a point in actually getting angry just finding a way to solve the current problem.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In other words, harness your hate and anger. Use it. Let it transform you. Let your power explode, Gohan!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
In other words, harness your hate and anger. Use it. Let it transform you. Let your power explode, Gohan!
How about I don't and just say I did...

I don't get angry angry like punch-a-hole-in-the-bathroom-door-because-I'm-late-for-my-first-day-at-a-new-job angry (I learned from that one) but more like the anger shown by the bad guys on cartoons. That kind of I'm-going-to-destroy-you anger.

Maybe I'm not sating my anger so much as simply getting tired because it's like my playing hits a wall when I'm done. My focus is shot and so is my coordination. That's usually when I call it quits for another day.

ESF, you are my stress release ball.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Happy Birthday Kama! ..............yep

I guess esf is better than punching your mom in the face so hard your fist goes in through the front and out through the back.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use your anger to your advantage, it might make you consentrate more in the game or something, maybe makes you more accurate and stuff, like you guys know sometimes in a shooting game, you see someone in the side of the screen then yu have this quick reflex of shooting hmi before he even sees you, giving him a head shot, without you even knowing it? well this can be converted into that...

Okay, wait, sorry I just talked a load of $h!t there, lol don't listen, don't worry I also get that feeling you're talking about.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anger leads to the darkside. Let your anger go and let the force flow through you.

Wait... What?

Best answers
I actually used anger as a motivation in games before, but found it too hard to cerate it, always be angry when i needed too, so i quit that idea. but i did play better :p.
listen to yourself or to master yoda, it's all up to you.

nge

Best answers
I train people in ESF when they want it, but I seriously enjoy watching people scream

"OMG YUOP NERD GEEK *** LORLFR U PROBABLY PALY DIS GAEM 4EVA AND TIHNK U R FREIXZA IRL NERD GEEK NRED"

Because the irony is so hilarious I actually crack up every time. Here someone is, getting incredibly worked up and calling me a nerd IN A VIDEO GAME OVER THE INTERNET.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Simple formula - pwn the n00bs, and pwn guys which pwned you when they were pwn.

lol ?

Anyway, venting in ESF = good

Best answers
Bad person ?!?...Why no..your not a bad person frsrblch-- your truly horrifying. But don't take that the wrong way or anything. After all, I mean it in nicest way possible. Being bad is an attractive quality. But unfortunately, this is just disturbing..but not uncommon i guess. I hope this doesn't stop us from " not " being friends though...^^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EncorE_SX said:
pwn guys which pwned you when they were pwn.
Whats the point in pwning people who used to pwn you when they pwned, if they don't pwn anymore? Does it give people satisfaction knowing that the only way they can beat a pwnerer is if that pwnerer stops playing for months at a time?

Just punch your mom.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
venting your frustrations on a computer game > going and shooting someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom