Reinstalling Windows? How do I do it? :P

Best answers
Well, since I'm computer illiterate, I came here to ask how do I go about doing this? since you guys know so much :p I don't have the windows xp thing on a CD so I probaly have to buy it... Anyways I just want to know how do Re install windows and get it running smoothly again.

Btw, could i get a name change to michael since there is another "Vegeta" on the board? :p thanks..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need a windows xp disc. Just pop it in and restart your pc, and you should be able to go from there.

Best answers
Could anyone recommend me any other products? I've heard of something called vista? or something like that, and the games that i've installed that use Authentication and Cd keys, they will be usable again right?

Edit: Well, i don't know but, i used uh.. norton anti virus and apparently i got 1 virus called "Infostealer.Banpaes" I can't get rid of it through anti virus, the quarantine won't get rid of it for some reason, is it ok for me to go to where the file is and delete it myself?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Could anyone recommend me any other products? I've heard of something called vista? or something like that, and the games that i've installed that use Authentication and Cd keys, they will be usable again right?
It's not recommended for you to use Windows Vista if you use a slow computer, and or if you don't have much RAM in your computer. Like me, I am sticking to XP and wait for a SP to be released for Vista. I don't like Vista much because it is not compatible (yet) with a lot of games, drivers and software.

Edit: Well, i don't know but, i used uh.. norton anti virus and apparently i got 1 virus called "Infostealer.Banpaes" I can't get rid of it through anti virus, the quarantine won't get rid of it for some reason, is it ok for me to go to where the file is and delete it myself?
Yes, you can also just manually remove the file. If it says you don't have the access to remove the file when you are attempting to delete it, just go to Task Manager, Processes, and shutdown the file, and quickly remove the file you wanted to remove.

Best answers
Ah, so the affected file isn't important if i delete it? i just assumed it was since it was in program files.

Best answers
not everything in program files is highly dangerous. You can delete anything there. Itll just make your computer slow
So after deleting the file, go to www.ccleaner.com and go to the issues button and press search for issues.
After it searches press clean all issues. It'll ask if u want to make a backup of ur registry, its not needed but you'd better do it. After this itl clean all the sh!t from your programs. Should speed up your pc a lot.

Best answers
could i use this ccleaner to make my pc go faster? evn no i dont have any problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom