Regeneration Kills?!

Best answers
This is really weird. Last night I was playing ESF on the mountain side map. I was playing as Vegeta, and there was this guy playing as Buu, and some other people playing as well. This guy was being kinda cheap, using melee on me all the time while I'm trying to charge up my Galit Gun, getting me upset a bit. I was getting creamed, but that's really not that important.

Anyway, I finally get strong enough to ascend to SSJ. I'm at my spawn point, and I start to ascend. During my transformation, the guy playing Buu (GoldenSaiyan) used his Candy Ray attack, and killed me while I was transforming, turning me into a doughnut. I respawn and hit ascend again, and almost immediately as I spawn, I'm instantly killed, turned into another doughnut, but I didn't see him use the candy ray on me, and the strange thing is, when I looked at the top of the screen, it said that I was killed by him with REGENERATION!

This was very strange, and I kept trying to transform, but he kept killing me over and over, by using the candy ray, turning me into a doughnut, then immedately as I respawned with Regeneration. I'm shocked, I yelled at him how was that possible, the guy replied that he found a new exploit/bug, and laughed. I told him that I was going to report it to the website, he replied that he already did (I did a search, and he didn't). So, the bug is:

Somehow, the regeneration attack (which should only replenish your HP) can kill you instantly, turning you into a doughnut!

I do not know how he did it, and I wish I had thought to take a snap shot,or at least ask him how he did it. I've tried a little bit, but I can't reproduce the bug. Any clues?

Best answers
Hmm, i think it has something to do with the candy beam attack, try fireing it at someone that's transforming and change him into a doughnut, if it doesn't work, try doing the regeneration attack after it...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you make a kill and quickly switch weapons, it will display what attack you have selected and not the one you killed them with. and with Buu, there already is a bug where you can get a double frag off of just one person using candy beam. so maybe its a combination of the two?

**edit**
As much as I've tried, I couldn't reproduce this bug. All I managed was a single frag with regeneration rather than two...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Miroku said it right ... choose Goku throw a SB and change immediatly the weapon to solarflare ... then: X killed Y with solarflare
but I don't know why this bug happend ... that you become kiled all the time again

Best answers
Ah, so that's what it is! That's a strange bug, it never happened to me before. There seems to be quite a few bugs in this release, no offense to the ESF team. I just hope they get them all fixed before the next version.

Best answers
I barely see any people that abuses this bug.
If you think that frags is important, this bug will get on your nerves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom