Regeneration after Sword/Disc?

Do you like this Regeneration Idea?

• Hell YES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you Mad! NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Ok as in the outline its shown that people hit by discs & swords lose body parts...

is this based on hit detection? ie hit on the arm lose an arm etc?

as my sugestion is if the following chaacter are hit in the arm/leg by a disc or sword and lose a lim perhaps these character can regenerate the lims at a cost of ki?

the characters are: Buu, Cell, & Piccolo

they do it alot in the show and it would be great if the team had a look to see if it could be implimented :laff:

Best answers
Hmm that would be a good idea if we was gonna start having characters losing body parts from sword/disks.
But upon reading...

Half-models for being killed with the sword/discs [code done for discs, waiting for sword melee code to finish]

Which means the models will just cut in half when killed with sword or disk (to add to the "realism")

Best answers
yes but i was sugesting it if they decided to make the disks / swords work by hit detection at a later date :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cell and piccolo's regeneration is not the same as buu's

buu could be blown to dust and still come back... so why not just make him invincible?

besides, if youre in the middle of a fight do you really think your opponent is going to sit and wait for you to pop your arm back into place? no... he is going to finish you off... and guess what... you respawn with everything back where it was.

Best answers
yes but it also adds an extra element to the game... if you just graze lets say Cell with the disc and he teles away somewere and regenerates his lim back then wouldnt that be kewel!

also you could make it that all yer attacks only give 1/2 damage when you lose an arm :laff:

Best answers
i think this would only add some nasty lagg and some guys would be unbeatable i say NO WAY!!!

Best answers
well I think this would rock having regen would be nice, but I wouldn't worry about lag too much I really don't think it would be that bad.

Best answers
Well.. don't think it should work that way.. like pain said.. what's the use?

It would be cool though if it was a event in advanced melee mode..

For example, you are exchanging blows with your opponent, (i am assuming trunks will use his sword in advanced fights) suddenly Trunks strikes with his sword at the opponent..
If you fail to counter this move you just take damage.. if you succesfully counter it, it could show an animation of cell or piccolo blocking the blow with their arm or something, it gets sliced of, they punch the other guy away with the arm they still have, and while the other guy is flying back from the punch you just gave him, you regenerate your arm.

A succesfull counter from somebody that doesn't have regeneration could be them catching the sword with their finger or something, like goku did the first time he met trunks..

Would be nice, but i'd rather see the team focus on some other things first..

Best answers
i love the idea of regetion brillant but how about like in 1.3 the disc couls cut thorught stuff and have it fall on the person like a billboard or part of a mountain

Best answers
I don't believe this is a good idea, Magmus. The idea of the disk and sword are one-hit kills. The only one who would be able to die at that point, out of the three, would be Piccolo, since he can't regenerate if his head is severely damaged...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a good idea to have people walking around with 1/2 of their body parts scattered across the floor -_-

Best answers
idk guys, this seems to be an interesting proposition. it would add to the realism of the game. it would, however, take up unneccisary animations that could be used for the parts of the game that need some more work done to them. the only way this could work, IMHO, would be to have the moves completely animated so that the chain of events wouldn't be interrupted or something. For example, you successfully counter a sword blow by sacrificing your arm or something so the game goes into an automatic animation where you knock trunks into the side of a mountain and while he's climbing back out, your character regenerates the body part that they used to counter the attack, at the cost of say 10% of their current ki or something like that. That would be a good idea, except for the fact that if you were above all the mountains or something, it might cause the game to glitch...but then again it would be funny to see trunks climbing out of an invisible hole in the side of an invisible mountain 100 feet above everything. Could the team create something to this effect, or would it be too hard to do?

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Not a good idea to have people walking around with 1/2 of their body parts scattered across the floor -_-
hehe sounds like a rockstar game to me.

Yeah it sounds like a pain to do as well. im givin this idea a big :no: . But thats just me.

Best answers
well it was just an idea

one of many...

well i can see how it could be hard to get it to work in game so back to the drawing board...

more sugestions on the way...

and thanks for the feedback guys good or bad

Best answers
Magmus said:
well it was just an idea

one of many...

well i can see how it could be hard to get it to work in game so back to the drawing board...

more sugestions on the way...

and thanks for the feedback guys good or bad
Keep trying Magmus..one day you will be excepted for who you are (WTF am I talking about anyway?!) Better Regeneration for characters like Piccolo, Cell, and Buu would be cool..(and VEGETA :D as if :laff: ..no one loves the poor prince of an extinct race..the Bas***ds)

-Regenerate THIS
(Final Flash in the privates...Owww)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom