Red vs Blue "Twisting the Valve"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a little comic I've been making with Garrysmod. I'm a huge fan of Red vs Blue, the most famous (and best) Machinima series of all time, and I'm a huge fan of Valve, makers of the Half Life series, Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike and Portal.

Now, I'm not going to say my comic is at all original. No, it's based off pre-existing characters, it is purely fanwork, and purely an homage to all these things.

For those who don't know, Garrysmod (or GMod, for short) is a purely sandbox based mod where you control everything. Enter a map, and utilize nearly every feature that makes up the Source Engine. Spawn props, npcs or ragdolls from the different Valve games, pose them, destroy them, pain them, make a physics based Rube Goldberg device, it's truly an amazing mod, and the ultimate tool for amateur 3d comics and amateur machinima.

Basically, "Twisting the Valve" will thrust the characters of Red vs Blue into various parts of the Valve Universe, mingling and interfering with characters both from the games and from certain choice Machinimas (such as "Leet World", or "Civil Protection") all scrambling to find their way back to Blood Gulch.

For those who follow the series, this comic takes place after the ending of "The Blood Gulch Chronicles" but I think I'm going to go off-canon (obviously) and not tie it in with the new RVB series "Reconstruction".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before I start, for those unfamiliar with RVB, let me link you to summaries of the cast: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Red_vs._Blue

Also before I start, let me say now that the first few pages are a little awkward and mostly unfunny, but I got into my swing a little later on.

Enjoy!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing? Really?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be honest and say it wasn't funny. You have the format down, and you'll probably get better with time, but you should either find a writer or someone to bounce ideas and dialogue off of.

Since it's basically Red and Blue, you're probably going to be judged by those standards, so keep that in mind. If you go with something a little more original, people will probably set their expectation bar a few notches lower.

That's just me.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They weren't the greatest thing in the world, but ignoring that, I think it's cool that you made them yourself. I'm going to say that you should keep making them and you'll improve.

Good luck to you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It's not much, but here are the next few pages, signifying the end of this prologue.

BR (The editor of PPGD) has advised me on a few format changes, meaning smaller pages, making the resolution seem cleaner, with much smaller text to conserve space.

Enjoy

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's as good as a not so good RvB episode, so i kinda liked it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Alright! Finally, the prologue is over, and the first chapter begins!

Some of you may recognize the map Church and Caboose have landed themselves in, and may have associated this map with something else, which is VERY relevent by the way.

And Grif seems to have gotten himself into the worst case scenario for a lethargic do-nothing like himself...

Hope you like these new pages, the first pages of the first chapter entitled: "No Seriously, Why Are We Here...?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom