Recovering

zAS

Best answers
Ok, this happens each and every time I fight (i allways use Gohan). When they crash me to the ground, and start tapping the jump button to get away quickly, my character model just starts moving up and down but actually can't get away. This seems like a bug to me. In addition i would like to ask if there is another correct way from recovering when you are hit the the ground.

Thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, those up/down movments are not actual movements. What you need to do if you wanna recover is hold the jump button while you are flying towards the ground, and release it only after you crash into the floor.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one else sees u moving, it's just HL trying to jump but the code isn't allowing it so the camera jumps a bit. Not a bug.

zAS

Best answers
Kama said:
No one else sees u moving, it's just HL trying to jump but the code isn't allowing it so the camera jumps a bit. Not a bug.
Well it STILL shouldn't happen, and even if you don't call it a but, it's something that should be fixed - says I.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just... don't try to jump when your laying on the ground. Time is better spent fixing other things.

nge

Best answers
Just to explain it, due to HL's movement prediction code the movement you see is client-side, as it thinks you're able to jump. The server gets the information, deems it false because of the games coding, and you're put back on the ground in your screen. Since that info was not accepted by the server, however, you don't move in anyone elses screen.

How "high" you go is dependant on your ping- that is to say, you'll "jump" like normal until the server sends your client the information packet that you're not actually jumping, in which case it forces you back to the ground. Test it- in a server you're getting 13 ping, you'll only go up a few inches, but on a server in which your latency is 278, you're going to probably reach the apex of your jump before the server gets the information to your client that you never jumped, forcing you back down.

(I am aware that this is sort've old, but I feel as though an explination might satisfy future people who report this "bug.")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom