Recovering lost data...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well last week my girlfriend tried to look at the pictures she made with her digital camera and she was able to view them just fine. But yesterday, she wanted to see them again and suddenly all her files were gone from her memory stick. So I tried to recover them with various programs, but I have been unable to recover...something useful.

I have only been able to recover about 3 images of the 200+, but I do recover a lot of *.TIF files. Which is something I can't do much with. Now I think these *.TIF files are actually all the images and movies but in some different format and they have been split ( I mean, there was this one movie that was 110mb large, now the movie with the same name is 2mb large, but there are some *.TIF files under it that have a somewhat similar name, and combined, they are about 110mb large.)

So my first question is, has anyone ever encountered these *.TIF files and maybe knows what to do with them. And my second question is, does anyone know any other [very] good recovery programs?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well those are TIFF files, which is an image format. But her camera makes JPEG images, and the files I get from the recovery are TIF files (one F less.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom