recovering a milkshape registration?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have a registered version of milkshape on my old computer, (not cracked).

and i want to make a certain model for esf, rather remake one that i had a long time ago and it requires milkshape, now i CAN just use my old computer id rather just keep it all here if possible.

anyone know of any way to check and write down the registration information? like is it stored in the registry? (my old pc is boxed up atm, so i kinda wanna know before i dig it out).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i had a similar situation previously, my personal method was to have a few emails with the developer as he replys usually on the day. if you still have your previous email address he'll just resend it for you, and if your using a different email like i was, he'll just send it to you anyway no questions asked if you ask nicely :p.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aye that would be a problem, i was using an isp assigned email at the time -_- and have since switched, this was back when i still had dialup and way before i even knew about esf >_>.

needless to say i no longer have access to that email.

ill see what i can do with explaining it to him if thats what it takes, fat chance i can find any evidence of the purchase laying about....anywhere, its been about 6-7 years XD.

i was kinda hoping i could just dive into the registry and write it down =/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could search for milkshape or the developer in the reg and look into the keys.
It has to be there somewhere.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If none of those above will work, just upload your validated version of MS3D onto Fileshare, and just download it on your new computer, I'm sure that would work, and it should be legal because you downloaded it, and you're most likely not going to give anyone the link to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
ill see what i can do with explaining it to him if thats what it takes, fat chance i can find any evidence of the purchase laying about....anywhere, its been about 6-7 years XD.

well, same situation for me really, mine was assigned to an old NTL based account i havnt had access to for years. All i wrote was this
Thanks alot for the prompt reply

it's just made me realise a slight problem is that with the transition from NTL to virgin media recently, we've had to change our isp email to *****@ntlworld.com , the other email address is no longer used.

Now i'd understand if you wouldnt want to send it to another email address, so i ask if its possible for me just to simply repurchase it. i tried it a moment ago via paypal but it just fires me away as it recognises that my paypal account has purchased it previously.

Sorry to trouble you so much over such a simple thing, but any options or advice would be appreciated.
Shortly after he replyed with the registry no questions asked. Cant see why it would not work for you as well

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Nuttzy, if you already had a bought version of Milkshape, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if you use a cracked version. It's like having a bought game installed on a drive and you move/copy it to your new 400gb HDD.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that was another idea viper, but if it could be avoided id like to do it the legal way.

also, being that i am a moderator here i really didnt want to put forth a bad example =D.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have a peace of software on my computer that might find your ms3d key its not illegal its called keyfinder well i tried finding my ms3d key and it dosent seem to find it must only be for set software

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I had lost my key multiple times and like other suggested I simply e-mailed him (yes from different e-mails) told him my name and situation and I received a new key in no time. It's really your best bet.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i sent an email, now i just need to cross my fingers =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom