[Old PotW] Recoome BOOM!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i read that ages ago spidey...

But as you probably read yourself the boundary is set by the mapper.
So don't tell me you know how big it is or are you a pshychic?

And tbh i hope the map isn't bigger than the engine allows to see in the distance ^^
Like i said, its actually up to the mapper. So in fan made maps, they could end up being being as big as Cyrodiil and only few people would be able to play it (NASA is one of them) or it could be just one room with no room for flight.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
we might be able to pick how far of distance we can see, from the options bar

i know a lot of games that do that.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we might be able to pick how far of distance we can see, from the options bar

i know a lot of games that do that.
No. That option is used ONLY when you are compiling a Half Life map (BSP file) you can not change it afterwards without recompiling the map. Its a property of the map itself.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No. That option is used ONLY when you are compiling a Half Life map (BSP file) you can not change it afterwards without recompiling the map. Its a property of the map itself.
i ment, that we can only see a fair amount of distance if we choose, so if we move forward.. we see more and more and so on...

... you know what i mean dont you?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i ment, that we can only see a fair amount of distance if we choose, so if we move forward.. we see more and more and so on...

... you know what i mean dont you?
Naturally, you'll be able to see more in one direction if you go that way. What Grega's probably referring to is that you won't be able to set draw distance in the options menu.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Naturally, you'll be able to see more in one direction if you go that way. What Grega's probably referring to is that you won't be able to set draw distance in the options menu.
Thats right. The draw distance is a parameter set when compiling a Half Life map file (.bsp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom