Recommended PC games?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What PC games do you recommend? I'm making a list of PC games I want. The game doesn't have to be out yet, it could be comming out.

Also, nothing like WoW aka a game where you have to play monthly. Thanks :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should play WoW. I heard it was pretty good.

Earth 2160?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Sims 2....?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im playing a game called X3 right now. Its pretty good if youre into games like Freelancer and have a powerful system (it takes alot of processor power).

Theres CoD2, if you havent played that yet, and also FEAR.

pc.ign.com is a good source for upcoming and released games with reviews, previews, news and such.

Ive heard that WoW is one of the best things around at the moment. Just get a job, it isnt that much money.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do people think that when someone doesn't want to pay for the same game every month that it has to do with the lack of funds? I don't get that. Some people just don't like paying for the same game over and over and over and over etc.

I've been trying to get people to play X3 but whenever I do they redirect me to Gamespots review of the game (it got a 7.3). So...yeah.

Wat

Best answers
Well, I'll assume you already have Half-Life from the whole "playing ESF" thing.

How about Half-Life 2, if you haven't already gotten/beaten it? I'd recommend a playthrough of that at least once.

The F.E.A.R demo was nice, so that might be a pretty good newer game to check out -- the only reason I didn't buy it is because I burned out on it through the demo's multiplayer. I heard the single-player was great, and I enjoyed the frantic pace of the multiplayer in the demo.

Was chatting it up with one of the programmers of Quake 4 during development, but I've heard that it needs a monster rig to run properly.

If you've got a mid-range system, Far Cry is very nice. Extremely nice. In fact, I'll finish this response after I play some Far Cry...

...I suddenly decided to wait.

Older games you might want to check out are Fallout 2 (it's ok to skip number one), System Shock 2 (again, "there was no prequel"), Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy has far superior multiplayer, but weak single player, IMO), Warcraft III, or Planescape: Torment, if you're ok with reading *ungodly* amounts of text for one of the most engrossing fantasy stories you'll ever read. Erh, "play".

If you're into superheroes (who isn't?!), buy Freedom Force. Run, do not walk, to the store and buy this game if you don't already own it. It's got a story, the characters have character, and, hey, if you know Python, you can mod it out the wazoo. If you've already got it, check out The Strangers mod for it. You'll want to beat the original before you play it, because it doesn't start slow enough for newbies, but if you play the original unmodded game long enough to understand the combat flow, you'll be alright.

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War was alright, I guess. It's a passable RTS that really seemed to sell on the level of gore (which is rather tasteful in-game) it contained, but the main strategy AFAICT is just camp->build troops->attack en masse. That's alright, but the game seems to be focused toward slower play than Warcraft III (which I'd been playing a lot before I found WH40K: DoW).

Guess that's it. After typing this reply, I'm curious as to whether or not you'll read it.

Best answers
I should smack you for calling Jedi Acadaemy JEDI OUTCAST TWO!!!! And then for saying the multiplayer was better, and the single player weak. Then for calling them old o_O The Original Jedi Knight!!! Now THAT'S old.

KoTOR 2, Sims 2, Half-Life 2, any EA sports title if you HAVE NOT bought one the year before (no actual advancements in design for any of the games), Black and White 2 if you don't have Black and White, Star Wars: Battlefront 2 if you don't have Battlefront, Star Wars: Republic Commando, America's Army (downloadable), Fable for PC... And some others.

nge

Best answers
WoW is amazing fun, especially with people you know.

Best answers
Wow is inhabited by to many little kids, and corny clueless teenagers, it is really bad when they have you join ventrilo or teamspeak ug, but anyways im not here to rant on WoW id run out of space =).

Currently i like playing Splinter cell CT, Starship Troopers(Rip all you want this game is fun=P),Land of the dead road to fiddlers green(I was skeptical about this one, but alot of people play it online, and trying to survive a zombie horde in a enclosed space isn't easy most the time.

Dungeon Siege II, great story, good gameplay and graphics, annoying useless random taunts from your teammates. FEAR, what is there to say? Good Graphics, good gameplay, kick ass multiplayer, Star Wars Battle Front II, this game has some technical issues but hopefully the bugs will resolve, the multiplayer is fun i suppose.

Battle Field 2, if you played battlefield 1942 or vietnam, you will love this one, great graphics, nice leveling system, and unlockable weapons, what isn't to like?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been trying to get people to play X3 but whenever I do they redirect me to Gamespots review of the game (it got a 7.3). So...yeah.
Considering that they review games unpatched, straight out of the box, thats expectable. With it patched to 1.3 its so much smoother and much more fun. Flew into a system and saw a Kha'ak destroyer and two carriers laying waste to the place. I went around, cautiously, and two sectors further on I saw a fleet of Paranid moving in the direction I was coming from. It looked like they were going after the Kha'ak, but I didnt check it out (damn).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is X3 still so hard to learn? If not I might get it, I just don't want to have like 50 small screens on my monitor, it's really hard to keep track of everything...I've always been into space games and such, but they need to be simple and fun (like Freelancer was).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bro, X3 is worth taking the time to learn to play. Freelancer was ok because there was nothing around to compete with it (in terms of genre). I still occasionally play Freelancer online, but I'm liking X3 so much more.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* i say i don't want games like Wow... and half are about Wow... do people not read or something?

Here are some of the recent games I've played so people know: F.E.A.R: Deffinately getting it when i'm done building my new computer, half life, half life 2, the sims 2, black and white 2, CoD2. I have both jedi outcast games.

I think that's it. Everyone keeps telling me to play farcry- so that's a deffinate must. X3: what's that like?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its like www.gamespot.com you lazy bastage. Just look at the screens because the reviewers lie O_O!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeo you and I both know I'm a lazy ****. to type www.gamespot.com and click on it, then i have to ****ing find the game, and then actually watch the videos and then read the stuff... that's so much work. I mean, does it look like i have that much time on my hands? I mean c'mon!

Best answers
try need for speed most wanted im playing it and its a top notch game

seb

Best answers
Hmmm

GTA San Andreas
The Matrix Path of Neo (poo ending)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory ( you really get into these games, really fun)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Youre too lazy to go looking for a review? Well here, you lazy sod.

IGN gave it an 8.0 in the buggy release state it was in almost a month ago. Theyve got lots of screenies, but they just dont do justice to some of the cool lighting effects.

Best answers
I would recomend X3 i love that game i have been playing in the x universe since X-BTF, i wish the X-Shuttle was in X3 that ship pwned so much <3. Oh well back to my Teladi Pheniox (cap ship). on the es forums i am XUVagabond. X2 lasted me 2 years since it's open ended and it's not that hard or as steep a learning curve as people think. if you buy it head thru the west gate, and keep throught the north gates untill you enter kingdoms end which is owned by the boron (fish people) the music pwns in that sector.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Call of duty 2 is pretty good, that's what I am playying now. Also try getting Quake4, it seems pretty good as it is (I need a better gfx card for it though :().

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom