Recommended games for gamecube

Best answers
I been bored for a while and wanted to know any good gamecube games.
Here is the ones I have at the moment:

zelda windwaker
Soul caliber II
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Vexx
Smash Brothers Melee
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Allience
Medal of Honour: Frontline
and Midway treasures 2

DMW

Best answers
Resident Evil 4,best gamecube game out imo.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
re4 is a load of crap if your even the slightest bit a fan of the series, the past resident evil games tied into a similar storyline. in RE4 hwoever it is barely hinted at, almost like they just threw it in there to satisfy the people who had played the original resident evil games, and not to actually further the RE timeline.

its a good game for the most part, but for a resident evil game its load of crap ^^. maybe if it had been a headhunter type game with a virtually unknown main character it wouldve been better off.

id suggest renting that one, aside from what i listed above, (which is extremely biased since i am a big fan of the last resdeint evil games) its replay value is also pretty bad. if you can beat it in the time it takes you to rent it, theres really no point in buying it.

this will sound odd, but i reccomend super mario sunshine, its almost a 1:1 clone of SM64, and best of all its fairly cheap.

if you have access to a credit card and aree willing to pay a small monthly fee, try the gamecube versions of phantasy star online. though the game is old its hella fun when you get a good run going. (offline its boring as hell though)

the new zelda game is 100% hype, trust me when i say this, unless your a diehard zelda fanboy who would buy anything zelda related regardless of its level of "suckage". your going to be heavily dissappointed.

.... this goes against all i said earlier but if your looking for the best gamecube has to offer ATM (and probabaly til the gamecubes death) resident evil 4 is the way to go, (even the xbox has more good games than gamecube, and thats a sad fact). Just dont have very high expectations for the storyline ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Animal Crossing.

/me apologizes to own masculinity.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Nintendo needs are some solid titles for their systems. All they have are a couple of good games, but nothing incredible. Most of their stuff comes out on other systems too.

Your games represent the majority of GC games Im familiar with, so Im afraid I cant help you.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
DragonDude said:
Animal Crossing.

/me apologizes to own masculinity.
Don't worry...me too DD...me too..

Yes the new Zelda game is all hype I agree with nuttzy I ...

wait it's not even out yet :O!

Wind Waker is a fun game, Metroid Prime 1 & 2 also share equal coolness.

but yea, put your masculinity aside and get Animal Crossing XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good luck if you can find it, but Gotcha Force is a GREAT gamecube game.

You could also pick up Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Mario Sunshine was pretty good, and that Zoids game. If you have an action replay, I also recomend Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 (japanese).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
nuttzy said:
re4 is a load of crap if your even the slightest bit a fan of the series, the past resident evil games tied into a similar storyline. in RE4 hwoever it is barely hinted at, almost like they just threw it in there to satisfy the people who had played the original resident evil games, and not to actually further the RE timeline.

its a good game for the most part, but for a resident evil game its load of crap ^^. maybe if it had been a headhunter type game with a virtually unknown main character it wouldve been better off.
That is the lamest reason to not like Resident Evil 4 I have ever heard. I love you nice sound reasoning for Zelda. Since I'm sure you were at E3 and got to play it. God, I love you nuttzy but your post is so full of bias and bull that it's more funny to read they informative :).

Ontopic, man you all suggest horrible games XD. I mean ZOIDS and Vexx?!?!?! Hahahahaha, try out this list :).

Killer 7
Baten Kaitos
Beyond Good and Evil
Tales of Symphonia
Alien Homind
Ikaruga
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Paper Mario
Pikmin
Skies of Arcadia
Sphinx
Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron II
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Viewtiful Joe
Cubivores: Surivial of the Fittest
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Eternal Darkness

Most of those are exclusives and GREAT games. If they aren't exclusive they definately run better on the GC then thier PS2 counter part, so try them out. I think you will be rather happy with the results ;).

DiZ

Best answers
if you like naruto you should pick up GNT3 and RE4 of course ^^

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Resident Evil 4: For finally getting the hell away from Umbrella.
Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't possibly push RE4 hard enough, what an excellent freaking game. If you don't have MGS or MGS2, get MGS: The Twin Snakes.

Best answers
Star fox adventures is cool. Then the new star fox that just came out the sequel to star fox adventures i dont know what it's called though. Oh and all the Harry Potter games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RE4 is most excellent, the graphics are chock-full of detail, the enemies are varied enough to keep things interesting, there's a good amount of treasure hunting to do that actually really helps a lot, the weapons are cool and when you beat it, you can start over again with all your weapons, so you can keep playing to upgrade your weapons and get the new ones. There's even a special weapon that becomes available after you beat it the first time.. and it is very powerful, is all I will say. From what I know, aside from the normal weapons, there's about 2-3 secret weapons to get.

And as Alea said: Thank God for them finally getting away from all that Umbrella bull****, it was totally getting old for me. RE4 was my first RE game, but I've seen and heard a lot from the older RE games because a cousin of mine is an RE fan, and RE4 is the first one that actually appealed to me. Even if you were to prefer RE4's storyline to go on with Umbrella instead of the current story line, the game itself is really really great and Leon moves and acts much more dynamic. I mean, now you can even hop over fences that are knee-high, jump through windows from the second story, all those kinds of things. Hopping a small fence might not SOUND like much of an achievement, but you couldn't do that in the previous games, and it sure as Hell beats having to walk around it or find a small gate to get through it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Resident Evil 4
LoZ The Wind Waker
Tales of Symphonia
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Mario Kart Double Dash (got 4 controllers and friends? Get this.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can also recommend:

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Horror)
Super Mario Sunshine (Platform)
Ikaruga (Shoot 'em Up)
Soul Calibur II (Fighting)
Viewtiful Joe (Beat 'em Up)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Sneaking/Action)
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (Fighting)
Robotech: Battlecry (Giant Robot Action)
Animal Crossing (Life Simulation)

That's all the ones that come to mind. :3 I suggest going to Gamespot.com and check out their reviews of these games to give you some indication of what they're like. Not all of them might appeal to you.

Best answers
Resident Evil 4: For finally getting the hell away from Umbrella.
Quoted for truth :D

Aside from RE4, MGS: Twin Snakes is awesome if you're into lots of cinematics (that are awesome btw) and a good plot.

Tales of Symphonia is a great RPG, though I got distracted and still haven't completed it.

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 didn't really appeal to me, but I can see how they're great games. If you don't like getting lost and not knowing where to go, you might want to steer clear of them though :D

Best answers
Tales of Symphonia (fun especially with friends)
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (get it if you havn't played the Metal Gear Solid for playstation but it's fun even if you have played the original)

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Can't recommend Viewtiful Joe enough, it's an incredibly fun game. Old school side-scrolling action brought back to life best since I can remember. :D

(Astro Boy doesn't count, it was for the GBA.)

I'd also say, if you can get three friends around with GBAs, buy Zelda: Four Swords Adventure. It's a fun game to start off with but to have three other guys helping you and, at the same time, trying to beat you can be absolutley hilarious.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just saying eclipse, i bought resident evil 4 cuz it was a resident evil game, and as far as THAT goes it did virtually nothing to further the series. it did include ada and wesker, but so little of the storyline of the previous games was brought into play they almost didnt matter >_>.

i came to my conclusion of the zelda game by watching all of the gameplay videos of it, its combat system is the same old crap we've been using since OoT, for fans of those games im sure thats fine and good, but i wouldve preferred something a bit more original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom