Recommended 1.3 Advice

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Okay I just checked out the most recent update of esf 1.3 beta.. not much to say cuz obviously =) only glitches are being fixed at the moment.

Here is what I can say tho.. I like the krillin discs xD

But back to the point i was going to make.

I believe esf should LOCK the camera views so they're uneditable, but i only suggest doing this under a few conditions.

#1 The default(locked view) for all players should be, Default_fov 40, cam_idealdist 250, cam_zoffset 10. The reason I suggest this view is because it makes esf maps seem so much bigger then they actually are, and gives you a more Wordly View.

#2 Before anyone begins to complain saying oh wtf i cant hit anything like this.... #2 is to SCALE DOWN the flying speeds,angles, and beam speeds and angles.. so they match the view( this way it would feel normal but in a seemingly larger world).

#3 You should also scale down the hitboxes JUST BARELY

#4 If sv_cheats are ON then camera views ect should be editable, of course so i can make videos of esf still ^^.

#5 A camera feature that allows the players camviewto detatch from it's locked location when hit. So basicly when you are hit with a strong attack like Basic_melee your camera doesn't follow you as you fly back. Instead the camera detaches from its position and looks at you as you fly back, and as you recover the camera then moves back into place. Of course it's back inposition before you recover.

(with the scaling down of speeds/angles to fit this view, you could greatly improve esf) its just an offer tho

Adding this would make esf POP when you even take a glance at it. It would attract many players also it would enhance the game+gameplay, think about it.. it would be esf on a FAIR cam view for all(no advtaages over other players), and it would feel the same way just in a larger world.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you could simply NOT lock the camera, leaving things open to customizability. But of course that would be stupid and nobody wants that... What was I thinking?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Editable camera FTW.

I have my camera set to cam_idealdist 100 but sometimes i want to swich over to 200. Why would i have to be forced to have 250.

As for speeds. I think they were scaled down enough for ESF 1.2 no need to reduce them to even slower.

Camera detatching sounds interesting. But it should be a client side option at best. Since it can get quite iritating sometimes.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
[img=http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3104/esfjanemba0000ff1.th.jpg]

[img=http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/610/esfjanemba0002iw5.th.jpg]

I hope both of you went to actually CHECK OUT the camera view before posting.

Here is the reason why i think the camera view should be

default_fov 40, cam_idealdist 250,cam_zoffset 10...

not only are you able to see whats around your player.

It creates an EVEN playing field. there are no *advantages*. that one player has over another..

yea we've had customizable cam views from the beginning.. but..when you really think about it.. it's unfair. Go check out the the cam view the "default_fov 40" makes a huge difference.

As for the scaling down of angles and speeds for beams and swoop. ITS ONLY TO MAKE the game feel NORMAL on this view. You have to go see the view to know what I mean. If things weren't scaled down, and that view was set view.. you'de prolly have a hard time, but if they were then the map looks larger and the you have a "larger playing ground"

Okay I just checked out the most recent update of esf 1.3 beta.. not much to say cuz obviously =) only glitches are being fixed at the moment.

Here is what I can say tho.. I like the krillin discs xD

But back to the point i was going to make.

I believe esf should LOCK the camera views so they're uneditable, but i only suggest doing this under a few conditions.

#1 The default(locked view) for all players should be, Default_fov 40, cam_idealdist 250, cam_zoffset 10. The reason I suggest this view is because it makes esf maps seem so much bigger then they actually are, and gives you a more Wordly View.

#2 Before anyone begins to complain saying oh wtf i cant hit anything like this.... #2 is to SCALE DOWN the flying speeds,angles, and beam speeds and angles.. so they match the view( this way it would feel normal but in a seemingly larger world).

#3 You should also scale down the hitboxes JUST BARELY

#4 If sv_cheats are ON then camera views ect should be editable, of course so i can make videos of esf still ^^.

#5 A camera feature that allows the players camviewto detatch from it's locked location when hit. So basicly when you are hit with a strong attack like Basic_melee your camera doesn't follow you as you fly back. Instead the camera detaches from its position and looks at you as you fly back, and as you recover the camera then moves back into place. Of course it's back inposition before you recover.

(with the scaling down of speeds/angles to fit this view, you could greatly improve esf) its just an offer tho

Adding this would make esf POP when you even take a glance at it. It would attract many players also it would enhance the game+gameplay, think about it.. it would be esf on a FAIR cam view for all(no advtaages over other players), and it would feel the same way just in a larger world.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom