Recommend me

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want you to tell me what is the cheapest console what is the most expensive console what is the best console and what is the worst console.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything I would tell you would be based on pure opinionated statements.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's exactly what I want to hear. A lot of different opinions. So I can see what overall sucks, and what do people mostly think is the best console, so please tell me what you think?
EDIT: @Kai: how much does XBox 360 coast?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any console can range from any price, there is not a most expensive or most cheapest console. You're better off looking at facts than taking someone else's word for it, (if you are really serious about obtaining an answer).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Gryph, I saw a dreamcast for a dollar on ebay new.

lol.

As for the xbox 360, personally I love the xbox 360. It has everything I want and it's perfect.

It has HDMI format for extreme high quality if you have HDTV, it's pretty easy.

Xbox live is ****ing amazing. A lot of people ***** and complain about having to pay, but really, is $50 a year that much? It's one video game roughly per year, very cheap to get a friends list, rating system, xbox market place, free downloads, download content.

Plus, their support is superior.

A lot of people ***** and moan about red rings. Yeah, I got red rings. Know what I did? Something else, and no, it didn't take a 3 months, or even a month. It took a simple two weeks and I got another warrenty on it + a month of xbox live free.

The premium pack, the one you want (comes with hard drive, headset, controller, etc.) is about $399 USD. The basic pack (xbox 360 controller + xbox, no hard drive / headset or anything) is $299, but something you definitely want to avoid.

Anything else?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Gryph, I saw a dreamcast for a dollar on ebay new.
Yeah, that was my point. Consoles are sold around the world at various prices, so there is no cheapest or most expensive console. You can replace that sentence there with any other console.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking about buying XBox at first... But I dunno how much is it, and I even dunno how much money will I have to spend on it after I buy a new PC.
So, practically it is duel between XBox and PS2. I heard PS3 is incredibly expensive.
And if I even decide buying it'll take me a l ot of time to find one store in Dan's city which sells them... So, I was even thinking about using Amazon.co.uk...
So, tell me advantages of XBox and PS2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The PS2 has more games than the Xbox.

That overrides the small things that the Xbox has that the PS2 does not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh, I'd go for Playstation 2. Xbox is a pretty failure, I myself never owned one but played on several and hated the experience immensely. I can definitely say Xbox was used only for Halo and Halo 2, but the PS2 had way more better titles.

If you'll be spending money, don't bother getting a xbox or a ps2 unless you have a lot of cash. They're about to stop making games so it'd be useless to get one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking about buying XBox at first... But I dunno how much is it, and I even dunno how much money will I have to spend on it after I buy a new PC.
So, practically it is duel between XBox and PS2. I heard PS3 is incredibly expensive.
And if I even decide buying it'll take me a l ot of time to find one store in Dan's city which sells them... So, I was even thinking about using Amazon.co.uk...
So, tell me advantages of XBox and PS2
Why would you want to buy an outdated console where the support ends soon as well = no new games?

Both PS3 and X360 can emulate either Xbox or Ps2 games respectfully.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, you'd be better off buying a Next-Gen console, the Xbox and the Gamecube aren't getting anymore games, and the PS2 might die out in a year as far as game production is concerned.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gryph said:
Yeah, that was my point. Consoles are sold around the world at various prices, so there is no cheapest or most expensive console. You can replace that sentence there with any other console.
Find me a PS3/360 for $1 and I'll ****ing love you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ps2 will still be supported for some while. But I agree, save up for a next-gen console. At this moment the 360 probably has the most games and best online support. But slowly the ps3 is catching up. More and more good games are being released or planned (Little Big Planet, Metal Gear 4, Final Fantasy 13 etc.) Personally, I'd go for a ps3, even if it is only for Home. Online support will be awesome then.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Current gen only.

Most Expensive: PC hands down.
Cheapest: Wii
Best: Xbox 360, it's the most popular one in this house anyway.
Worst: PS3, though it's by a narrow margin.

All four machines are worth their salt, though the PS3 is pricey for the best kit. Wii is more fun than people give it credit for, and it's great for playing with groups. Rock Band is the only game that really does that for the other two. Rock Band is best on the 360. It gets DLC first, and guitar compatablilty between it and Guitar Hero is better.

Of course, for the graphics ownage, my PC matches both, and I can upgrade it to destroy both within a year. Consoles always look nicer when they come out, then they begin to fall behind hard towards the end of their life compared to PC equipment out at the time.

360's online is only topped by the freeness of the PC. 360's game library is the strongest.

Wii is innovative and different. If you are tired of the same, try a Wii. The Wii excells at shooters, like Umbrella Chronicles and House of the Dead.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd go for an Xbox360 or a Wii tbh.

Each have a solid libary of 9+/10 titles and are fairly cheap gaming solutions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The PS3 might not have anything to offer if their two biggest over hyped sequels end up being commercial failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom