Recommend me some good games

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm in need of some new games and need some recommendations.
I'm looking for RPG and mech games with a lot of customization (other good games are fine as well).
I'm looking for PC and maybe PS2 games, but I don't really have access to a PS2 (well it's my brother's and he doesn't like it that much when I grab it for a few weeks^^)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want mechs and customization, get Armored Core 3 for the PS2. It's awesome.

Also, Zone of The Enders and Zone of The Enders 2, both for PS2. ZOE1 isn't as good, but it will give you a lot of info on the story, which helps in ZOE2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you like RTSs, SupCom is ftw. Steep learning curve, but well worth it.

Sorry I don't know many mech or RPGs, but I don't have a PS2 and PC hasn't had a decent mech game since MW4, oh so very long ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want mechs and customization, get Armored Core 3 for the PS2. It's awesome.

Also, Zone of The Enders and Zone of The Enders 2, both for PS2. ZOE1 isn't as good, but it will give you a lot of info on the story, which helps in ZOE2.
I find many versions of armored core like silent line, nexus, last raven, nine breaker.
Do you know which is the best of them?
I'll definately want to check it out after seeing armored core 4 (too bad that I can't afford a next gen console)

If you like RTSs, SupCom is ftw. Steep learning curve, but well worth it.

Sorry I don't know many mech or RPGs, but I don't have a PS2 and PC hasn't had a decent mech game since MW4, oh so very long ago.
I played the beta and it was awesome. Too bad that it didn't run too well. So Supcom has to wait until I buy a new rig.
But luckily my RTS needs are fulfilled ATM with Dawn of War.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you've played one armored core, you've played them all. That said, go for whichever one came out last.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played the beta and it was awesome. Too bad that it didn't run too well. So Supcom has to wait until I buy a new rig.
They patched it up, it should run much better on your comp now.

As for mech games, MechWarrior 4 is pretty awesome. For RPG's, if you haven't played Knights of the Old Republic, go out and buy that immediately.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find many versions of armored core like silent line, nexus, last raven, nine breaker.
Do you know which is the best of them?
I'll definately want to check it out after seeing armored core 4 (too bad that I can't afford a next gen console)

I personally really enjoyed Armored Core 3 and Armored Core 3: Silent Line. I have Nine Breaker too, but if you don't also have Nexus, it's kind of lame. In Nine Breaker, you can import your Nexus save file and special stuff that you can't get in Nine Breaker. In Silent Line, you can import your save from AC3. Same thing.

I'd go for AC4 though (And in fact, I am, as soon as it's released in Europe), because it's a huge improvement over the other games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, then I don't need to recommend that one to you too.

For the longest time I couldn't play because SupCom had an issue with my Audigy card, and there was a memory leak that was causing everyone's games to slow down as time went on. They've both been fixed and combined with their usual performance updates, dispite my antiquated 2.6 GHz P4 and dated 9800, I can run the ranked 1v1s fairly well, either with low rez and medium settings or medium rez and lower settings. But yeah, if I try any of the larger games, my computer quickly runs into a brick wall, performance wise.

Hopefully that new computer of mine is just a couple paycheck's away, but there'll be no DX10 update for SupCom coming...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're looking for PS2-based RPG's, i'd say go for Final Fantasy XII and Kingdom Hearts 2 if you haven't already. I also hear lots of good things about Odin Sphere if you're into anime RPG's =]

Best answers
If you want to play some awesome RPG's that will keep you busy for over 100 hours each game. Check out Disgaea. (Hence sig)

Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Phantom Brave, and La Pucelle Tactics. Any game that comes out by Nippon Ichi Software, or Atlus is ALWAYS worth a glance.

It's like the SSJ form of Final Fantasy Tactics. Hell, you could call it 'Crack-tics' because it's so addictive and immersive.

The voice acting is awesome, and the jokes really make you laugh. The battle music is awesome (I burned some tracks onto some CD's) and the story is fun.

You really don't want to pass it up :p

Best answers
With supreme commander, did they tweak the demo at all? It ran pretty bad on my comp, so I didn't get a good enough feel for the game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With supreme commander, did they tweak the demo at all? It ran pretty bad on my comp, so I didn't get a good enough feel for the game
The game has had a major memory leak issue fixed completely, and the last two patches have both improved performance, if marginally. What specifically are you running?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Messiah! Not quite an RPG but the Orc Heads are detachable!

There's always the original Quake, if you still have it like me (warning, not Vista compatable)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Robot Alchemic Drive.

The best, maybe the only, 3rd person giant-realistic-robot-control game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to play some awesome RPG's that will keep you busy for over 100 hours each game. Check out Disgaea. (Hence sig)

Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Phantom Brave, and La Pucelle Tactics. Any game that comes out by Nippon Ichi Software, or Atlus is ALWAYS worth a glance.

It's like the SSJ form of Final Fantasy Tactics. Hell, you could call it 'Crack-tics' because it's so addictive and immersive.

The voice acting is awesome, and the jokes really make you laugh. The battle music is awesome (I burned some tracks onto some CD's) and the story is fun.

You really don't want to pass it up :p
I'll definately look into them, I really liked Final Fantasy Tactics.

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have half-life (and i assume you do since this is esf) try out mechmod. it's only an alpha so its not that great, but it's free =P. there are no servers, but you can play with bots

Best answers
I was going to sent mine RPG games that i've made them with RPG XP maker software.Name: Evil Assassin and Evil Assassin 2 The lich coming. But i burn the shourtcut from the game on CD and i delete the program.So i lose it :(.Still if you want some your RPG games download RPG maker XP.Its very easy.I made 2 games for 3 days.
P.S if you download post here i will try to find one of the top games(i think it is,but it isnt so good.ITs more like story)
-------
Also for PS2 look here: http://www.rpgland.com/games/rpgmaker3/review.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom