Rebound

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I think that when you block instead of just crossing your arms and tucking your legs up really isnt nothing like what happens in DBZ for instance in episode 25 Gohan rebounds a small spirit bomb with both hands just straightend out in front of him and i know ive seen Piccilo bring his arm across his body and back to his beamed attacks, ive noticed you can do it on ki blast but not very well on others

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
But then it defeats the whole purpose of block struggles. Plus, try imagining a lvl 1 mil Krillen rebounding a lvl 4 mil Kamehameha. Strange no?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He means that instead of blocking, do the 'rebound' move(like when gohan reflected the Spirit Bomb vs. Vegeta). And as I said, it wont work well with this game, or any game for that matter...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh rite. In some aspects, i think it would go nicely, but on the other hand, it might go wrong........very wrong indeed......mwhahaha...haha.....ahem..yes. Good idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read it twice ... and it was for me like "change the blocking animation"
but .. wouldn't it lok crappy if you're waiting (blocked) with open arms ??? ... BSes in DBZ were mostly with open arms ... but I don't think it would be better ... you can't make 1 block animation, which a char would use on every beam/ projectile ... they block everything in a different way ... and making 7 block-buttons ... ;)
to do it with code would be too much to do ... because you can't tell the computer which beam you're going to block ...
so I think the current animation looks best on all attacks

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How about 3 animations for 1 block button and everytime you press block, the animations randomize. Yes? No? Maybe so?

Best answers
the thing i'm thinking of is that when 1 person rebounds the second one will to and so forth ... therefore it would continue on and on and on

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
surely if you like 1000 ki and someone else is what 600 ki and they fire at you the you should be able to smack it away and with the force youve put into it it should knock em over

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Nretep - I think so too!!
maybe:
even the COMP cant know the attack Im going to block
while pressing BLOCK I am as it is now but if it will be eventually an attack that fits
into using the Rebound animation then the animation changes!

-1st example that I have in mind about how it will look:
when Evil Kid Buu bs and then Ps with his Ki
the huge spirit bomb... he eerrmm... lets say
changes his animation of blocking and eventually to PS!!!
anyway I am talking only about the part of the PS
though BS can becom PS and has been many times in the show
but thats was a very very very old suggestion and died!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nookie ... so you suggested charged blocks ???

that's often suggested before ... that's just a waste of time and coding ... it should have same properties as a BS (time, strengh, ki) ... and then it's useless

if I would see a beam which aims at me ... I would surly not wait and charge a block ... just teleport away

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I still think this should be given more thought..

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well. There is one possible(?) way to do this. Make one animation for blocking (w/o blocking a beam of course, just floating there with your arms crossed.) And when your blocking a beam (This should be too difficult to do I suppose), have the characters arms forward, like he's literally trying to block the beam with his hands.

Best answers
Nakiro said:
the thing i'm thinking of is that when 1 person rebounds the second one will to and so forth ... therefore it would continue on and on and on
esf mario tennis.......that would make the game great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that when you press block it will make your hands stick together infront of you. Then if you block a beam the hands will go forward to block, and if it's melee the hands will go back to the current blocking state.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I also think that if friendlyfire is disabled (so you can't hurt friends) your teammates will instantly swat your beams.

Best answers
i think Rebound option should be given to your team members !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom