Really, Really Old Trees Discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you guys bother? No amount of proof or evidence to the contrary will sway these people in the slightest. Let them think 2+2=5... just don't let them do your taxes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell lets throw in the Christianity and 50% of all other religions copying 5000 year old Egyptian religion wild card for the hell of it.

sorry big sentence.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx ease up on the vids.

Seriosly hardly anyone cares about your crazy youtube vids

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Even though, with a little less generalization and holding his reputation close to him, you could look at a few and see if they actually make sense. Just a suggestion.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched a little of each, and they only make sense if you forget everything you've ever learned and pretend the Bible should be taken literally.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You tell me. Also, do yourself a favor and follow the links to the websites that endorse these ideas.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually that post of him (with the 3 vids) was the worst argument ever brought by him.
The first one debunks that young earth thingies, while the others argue in favor of it.
Not very coherent IMHO.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I was bringing both sides of the argument to the table..

The first vid doesn't "Debunk" the Young Earth theories at all...It merely argues against the numbers he believes in.

The 2nd two vids, favor the Young Earth theories.. but they dont just "argue" numbers based on popularly published knowledge..

It basicly makes the cookie crumble

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All 3 are irrelevant since these are newly discovered trees. Previously, the oldest known tree was in California and was, in fact, 4300 years old. These trees are significantly older and are located in Western Sweden. Creationists used the previous tree as "proof" that the crap they were spouting was true, and now these older trees completely blow their ideas out of the water. Because they were willing to believe that our ability to determine the age of trees was tried and true, they can't suddenly turn around and say scientists don't know what they're talking about.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Irrelevant to the trees yea.. but not to the Young earth theory.. chex out what the 2nd two vids say when discusing trees + coal

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My point, again, is that creationists accepted what scientists said about the age of the tree in California. They accepted that scientists were able to accurately judge that particular tree's age, and because it supposedly fell in line with their way of thinking, it was beautiful. Science backed them up and the Bible was to be taken literally hence forth. Granted, they took the lowest estimation, rather than the oldest in order to make their convoluted "theory" work out.

And now scientists have made a new discovery, and using the same technique have determined these trees to be 8000 years old. If they say the Earth is supposed to be 6000 years old, and this new tree is 8000 years old, someone is making a huge mistake. Personally, I'm siding with the people who know what they're talking about. I can't help it. I'm a sucker for evidence staring me right in my face. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't exist.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Oooo I c..the situtation.... Lawl

Well if it's not a mistake then thatz cool.. if it is .. I'll just be alittle more worried..

Either way!~ I supportz a young earth until i see/learn somethin that changes my mind

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, the tree is 8000 years old. What more proof do you need that the Earth isn't 6000 years old? We have fossils from 65 million years ago and beyond. I mean, at some point, you can't deny all the evidence and still be considered rational or sane.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is going a bit off-topic but:

Sumer (Akkadian: Šumeru; Sumerian: KI-EN-GIR, "Land of the Lords of Brightness"[1], or "land of the Sumerian tongue"[2][3] possibly Biblical Shinar), located in southern Mesopotamia, is one of the earliest known civilizations in the world. It lasted from the first settlement of Eridu in the Ubaid period (late 6th millennium BC) through the Uruk period (4th millennium BC) and the Dynastic periods (3rd millennium BC) until the rise of Babylon in the early 2nd millennium BC. The term "Sumerian" applies to all speakers of the Sumerian language.

Sumer is widely considered to be the earliest settled society in the world to have had all of the features needed to qualify fully as a civilization, possibly as long as 7,300 years ago.
Jinx, what I just quoted is a widely known fact. Sumer, the oldest Earth's civilization is 7,000 years old. How can the Earth possibly be 6,000 years old if people existed longer?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
8000yrs is still young to me..

and what fossil is clamed to be 65 million yrs old

Force Pit Member
Best answers
just know this mr. siece, God sees time in a totaly diferit manner, and the bible was told directly from God to the saints (again cant seem to remember theyre name) witch wrote it, so to God seen 6 days, we see it diferit, and thats how he manages to decide who goes to hell and who do heaven all those people that are dead by now on earth and watch over us all...

and if ur gona rub that tree into religion's face, i'm gona rub something into sience face : the holy fire is a orthodox miracle that happens every year on easter, on the easter night special prayers transmited from generation to generation are read, and instantly in a church without light, no electricity, or sources for fire, a bright mist rises from the rock that is said that Jesus layd on after dieing, and from within that mist a fire springs out, the fire burns vrey bright, with a big flame, and dos not burn when toutched, and some pilgrims's candles spontainly egnite sometimes,
a more detaild info abbout the holy fire : http://www.holyfire.org/eng/
so dont belive in a tree when in come's to earth's age when u can belive in God ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
8000yrs is still young to me..
Yeah, but add that onto this. Humans are the youngest species on Earth to date. Then add invertebrates, which are even older. And then, add to that that the Earth existed long before there was even life (there was a period when the Earth was still being formed when there was virtually no water.)

The Earth goes waaaaaay back. Sumer was just an example to make the 6,000 years old thing look stupid, which it is.

@final-shine: Show me a video of this miracle. The only source on that site is one russian website, and the one that the photos (probably photoshopped) were taken from. The other sources were from the site itself. You're not convincing me here. And how exactly do you know how God percieves time? Did you ask him?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fine. God experiences time differently than humans. I buy that. But it isn't God who is saying the Earth is 6000 of our years old. It's the creationists. They're saying it took 6 days, 6 of the days you and I experience every single day (24-ish hours) of our lives, to create the Universe. Why God would say "It took me 6 days, dude. And by 6 days, I mean 14.4 billion years.", I don't know. That's something you have to deal with. I simply don't care.

The holy fire of Helm's Deep has what to do with the Earth's age? Is the fire 6000 years old? Is the fire saying the Earth is 6000 years old? No? Then I don't get what your point is. I'm sure if I go over and pour some water on the flame, it'll go out. Is the flame awesome? I'm sure its the greatest thing in the world but it's just a flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom