Realistic war FPS

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm looking for a war FPS game. The thing is I need it to be like realistic (If a nade explodes there are body parts etc...)

I also would like it to be sort of like CS in the meaning of it matters where you get hit(leg hit doesn't take much HP but HeadShot is an instant kill)

As well if you get hit in the leg for example you are wounded there and are walking slow, cripple, or can't move and waiting for an assistance.

I don't think any game was ever taken this far in the meaning of a realistic FPS, but if there is one (in a war) I would really like to know one and get it.

The system requirements don't matter.

Thanks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is not a realistic game, but body parts do get blown off. The most realistic FPS is Call of Duty 4 in my opinion. In reality though, body parts don't really get blown off by grenades unless you're standing right on top of it and it hits you in a specific way. Land mines blow limbs off, but there aren't any in CoD4. The bullet damage is pretty realistic though, especially if you play the hardcore mode, which takes off the HUD and it takes less bullets to kill someone without a headshot. I think the hardcore mode in that game is spot on realistically.

Last edited:
ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
CoD4 is nice, but it has the same sound problem like every other game ( e.g. css ) -.-
The problem is, a game is realistic when most of the players would think that's how it is in reallity...and so they are creating the game like this.
best example would be the shooting sounds from an steyr aug ( or any other weapon which is able to shoot faster then sound ).
In the games you are hearing something like "PENG" but in real life you would here "PENG PENG"
1 Peng = explosion sound
2nd Peng = bullet breaks the sonic barrier

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doom 1
Mindblowing gameplay, with revolutionary visuals
As realistic as FPSs come

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grenades will not take limbs off unless you're extremely close. The shrapnel is too widespread. With a claymore, on the other hand, you'd never find your legs again, since the shrapnel is all concentrated in one direction.

Anyway, no games really come to mind. If you want realistic, go with Rainbow Six or America's Army or something. But if you're looking for the end all be all war FPS, there isn't one. Modern technology can't completely simulate every aspect of a modern battlefield.

G
No-one mentioned DoD?

Dunno about the Source one, but I remember that being realistic.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think any of the games mentioned are particularly realistic.

There's a game on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite remember it. I'll edit this post if I think of it, but in the mean time, try Red Orchestra.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was a game running on the ghoul engine, I want to say it was called Operation Flashpoint, that had locational damage and dismemberment.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was a game running on the ghoul engine, I want to say it was called Operation Flashpoint, that had locational damage and dismemberment.
Ah, that was the game I was trying to think of in my first post. Operation Flashpoint

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom