Realistic Fight Mode

Best answers
Well, I'm sure this idea has been posted before, since it is such a great one, and because of its greatness, it should be posted again.

A realistic fight mode...not a big change to the actual operation of the game. In fact, the only change is a much higher HP...perhaps up to X50 the hp values used in standard games. This will of course make for much longer battles, and quite possibly, more exciting and true to the show.

I know that ESF is geared towards fast-paced deathmatch, much like BFP is, however, a simple mode where you have a greatly increased hp would make for longer..more epic...battles. I think this mode would be best utilised in 1 VS 1, with a friend, and could be very fun with recreations of battles such as Gohan VS Cell, Frieza VS Goku, Goku VS Vegeta, etc.

It would take more than a few hits of melee and ki blasts to destroy your opponent, and much frantic blasting, melee fighting, teleporting, swooping etc. would make for a great fight.

Best answers
it takes to long to kill someone with any skill as it is now. This idea would work if you made beams charge faster or something like that. maybe we will see a tourney mode later in development.

Best answers
Maybe so, but I'm talking about in games where you WANT to take a long time to kill someone, and fight long and hard to pull it off. As I said, this mode would be awesome, IMHO, in 1 VS 1 against a friend.

You can't be killed from a single kame splash attack, or a few melee...the battle is drawn out, like the last "five minutes" of the frieza saga on namek :laff:

Right now, you could fight and 'pretend' to be in a huge battle, but with the game as fast paced as it is in normal modes (I like the fast paced too btw) it takes away from it when you die and come back to life 5 seconds later to fight again.

What I want is a fight that feels like a true DBZ battle from the show, and ESF can incorporate this easily, its combat system already giving the feel, the only thing missing is the drawn out combat of the show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its good, maybe that way a damn kame wont get u with one hit, and it will reduse the kame whoring, this idea might work :/

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've suggested a toned down version in the past. I say double everyone's ki and tripple everyone's hit points, make transformations invincible, and call it tourny mode.

Best answers
Ok, except I feel that for the battles to take a long time and be truely epic, it would have to be more hp than X3. Already a fully charged kame will kill instantly towards the centre of a blast radius, and even with X3 hp you're still likely to not be left with much hp.

I'm talking about battles that will last 10-20 minutes or even more, to recreate and experience battles exactly how they were on the show.

Also I don't understand what you propose when you say "make transformations invincible", what do you mean by this?
Also, I think Realistic Fight Mode sounds better, but to each their own :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who would want to fight the same person for 20 min? i hate staying in one spot for so long.... it would get pretty boring after a while.....

then again... all you needa do is chuck a disc at the guy and kill him....

i agree with sonic..... 3x your currect hp would be nice... and more ki.... not everything can be true to the show...

Best answers
I will state AGAIN, this mode would be for use primarily in 1 VS 1, with a friend you know, and have fun playing against.

You make a good point about the instant kill attacks though. They could be weakened or even removed for this mode, however, I doubt that would be neccessary. Any half decent player can dodge a disc easily, especially in 1 VS 1 with noone else to worry about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
still.... it might get boring..... i'd rather play ESF! search and destroy :p, than meleeing some guy for 20 min..... lol.... maybe thats just me... i get bored of stuff like that real quick...

i have nothing more to say...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No more than 3 x hp. A fully charged kamehameha hitting you in the face should take more than half of your health bar, there is no doubt. Besides, if one player is clearly better than the other, it is just stretching things out by letting it last for 20 minutes before it's all over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i stand corrected.... i DO have more to say.....
i agree Sonic.... but then i dont think HE does....
even if it is for 1 Vs 1, what difference does it make? its like Sonic said..... its stretching time......
20 min...... knocking then down... blasting them..... knoching them down....... endless loop..... endless loop..... for 20 min..... i dont see a point....

NOW i have nothing more to say... ill stop posting on this thread

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
No more than 3 x hp. A fully charged kamehameha hitting you in the face should take more than half of your health bar, there is no doubt.
yes thats perfect if you double you ki pool as you staited b4. Im for Sonic Boyster's idea.

Best answers
It's a nice idea BUT......not with this meele system...
After five minutes it sucks allready, why to fight with that meele over 10 minutes?
Just swooping and knocking....aaaall the time....boring....
Maybe in an other mod with another meele system...
I hope SoS will have a better one...

Best answers
Fool, you can STILL use ki attacks, but it'll just take longer to defeat your opponent. I'm all for this, because the current system kinda sucks right now for one-on-one fighting. You die way too easily, and is nothing like the show. In the show, a fight can drag out for several episodes (like the "last five minutes of planet Namek" mentioned before), or like any other important fight of the entire series. I'm all for this.

Best answers
And of course, creating this mode would be incredibly easy to do, as all that would need to be modified is the ki and hp amounts.

Also, being a mode, you don't have to use it, just like some people prefer capture the dragonballs to team deathmatch, to each their own. Those who would prefer this mode would have access to it, and those who don't wouldn't have to worry about it.

The point is that the option is there for this mode if you want it.

Best answers
yeah i agree, i reckon it would be a cool mode to have in ESF. So like on the mode list ud have capture the dragon balls etc. then "realistic" mode or somet, but the problem is i guess it would take lots of work, im not a modler or mapper or coder or nowt so i wouldnt know how much work it would take, but changing all the HP and pl stuff and the damage differences would prob be like creating another game. But it would be good none the less.

Best answers
Lol, I'm no coder either but I'd have to say this would be a VERY easy mode to put in. All it requires is a higher ki and hp, nothing more.

So, yeah, it'd be easy to put in. No work other than a bit of coding, and damage would not have to be changed. Since your hp is higher, it would be able to absorb more of the same hits you get in normal mode.

Best answers
Well I am a coder and this would be a very easy feature to add, taking under 1/2 an hour to implement. All that would really need to be done, is when a player is created in the game with 100hp. Player.hitpoints * 50, or whatever the structure is for hl mods.

As for the post topic, i am for this idea. It would be fun to have a fight for more then 30 seconds. Besides, this would also make players gain Ki faster, since hit = ki. With 50x hp, battles would still only last 5 minutes. In the DBZ series, they last a lot longer because of all the talking and grunting.

Episode 1:
Goku: I will kill you frieza.
Goku:Grr........
Episode 2:
Episode 3:
Goku throws a beam.

ect..

**edit**

I would also like to point out that as a coder I also know that the easier things to implement are often put at the back of the list. The main job is to get all the big things out of the way, then implement the "fun" options.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
50x hp.....

do u realize how much hp that is... battles would not last 5 minutes they would last 50 minutes

this would be so boring no one would want to finish a fight

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EXACTLY WHAT I SAID! Or meant..... Heh.... They want it to last FOREVER!!! :p
If its an OPTION.... then ok... Go for it!... but then fighting for 50 min might be a long time...... 50x your life would be well over 5000...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom