Realism Renderring

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made this... thingy. It's a picture of a video game box laying on the ground. The scene was rendered in 3ds Max. Texture work and modelling (like there is much of any) work are mine. Same with photoshopping, etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats....unique :p i think i know what ur getting at, although, a model of a box and an image you probably scanned, arent really as impressive as if you had done it all from scratch.
on the whole i give it a 7/10 cos it IS nicely rendered, although a little blurred... maybe put it on a glass coffee table or something ;) with some reflections..

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What image i scanned? I made the box art... and the carpet... and the blur is to signify a low quality camera picture.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ooh ok...forgive me, it just looks like something that might have been scanned (my bad :() 8/10

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, thanks, and no prob.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow... a box render... with texture... I can do that....I can't really give you a rank though...

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be better if you took a bigger picture... this just seems like you are hiding something or that you get a more realistic look when it is tiny and blured.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a bump-mapped carpet.

Nice Job ssc =D

It looks like its taken with a webcam, yet its modeled =D

8/10

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, here's how it ORIGINALLY looked.

Best answers
(no offense) But with the larger opicture I can tell it's fake.
The resolution of the game box compared to the capret and something with the box..maybe the shadowe I dunno

BUt it's good.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you mean that the game is fake then yes it is, weve already established that he made the cover himself, and that the carpet is merely a bump mapped skin...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know, i showed the big pic to tell y'all that i didn't just scan this or anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you mean he even made the back part with all the words with captions and stuff??

Best answers
I would had concentrated on giving the box some reflections and some DISorder to the render.. cause Order = Fake, which ur stuff is all in order.. and Disorder resembles every day ****.. nothing is perfect.. theirfor its gota have some imperfections for it to look UBER real.. GL! ^_^

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, a reflection would look nice, since the cover usually has that plastic reflective cover on it. Maybe have a light soruce somewhere, like coming form the upper right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom