Realism? my first D:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weee, makes a change D:

here's the refs;

And the model:

The hair I'm planning on doing with alpha's though I dunno if this is the best thing to do. Im scared of the texturing, haven't done much realism skinning, so this'll be a first, I wanted to know what on the model I should change before I get that far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks awesome so far. I think you have the likeness, though its a bit hard to tell with the different shadows cast by the polygons.

The nose looks like it could be a little bit wider at the nostrils; his go past the edge of the eye sclera by an 1/8 or quarter of an inch.
That's really the only thing I could pick out =P

You could try doing the front of the hair as kind of a really flattened roll, so you get that wispy volume he has at the front of his.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh dude I seen this at polycount and figured i'd pop in here and see if you posted it here as well.

My first thought was you achieved a realistic shape and form but you've not nailed the likeness yet, but that's okay I do that all the time. I often use a reference for the shape and then tweak it for an age I want or something. Secondly I think you could tighten up the flow quite a bit, especially around the mouth. Lastly man get that ugly purple off of it and slap a gray max default texture.

Seriously man you need to get on msn :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, nice for low poly! Who is that by the way?

Best answers
my guess would be some old guy =p, looking good tho davey, nice to see a change in style

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys.. that is clearly Jack Bauer.

Looks awesome Davy, i'm excited to see the skin.

Best answers
A 3D.sk reference, I will definetly look further to this

ATM I need to agree a bit with tek this is more to the nose, lips and ears shape and construction. Other then that looks ok

And yes slap a gray material there and play a bit with the smoothing groups until it takes his shape, will be healthy for the texture and for the realistic lights&shadows that will go with the skin

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks for the crits guys, been very helpful =]

I'll get on msn Tek =P and yeah, the mouth is pissing me off =/

I'm yet to try messing with smoothing groups... smoothing groups get a little confusing for me =P but I'll try >_< Im really not keen on the flow though =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smoothing groups are a pain in the ass on more realistic models. I think you're making good progress. I think you've made a nice little jump on the likeness as well as the flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom