real, hard, BALLS OUT METAL! o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last night i took my younger brother, his mother, my best friend steve, and a friend of ours, Alexia to see Metallica at Wembley Stadium.

the line up:
Mastodon
Bullet For My Valentine
HIM
Metallica

the event:
well, first about a week ago i found out Bullet had pulled out... bit bummed at that, but thought "oh well they will probably let the other bands play longer... but EW at HIM".

and then we arrive, and Machine ****ING head have taken over the bullet slot. JOY!!!

Mastodon opened up real good, and while the EQ in the stadium (we were up at the top) wasn't that great, they set the mood and played their nuts off, no mosh pits at that time... but it was only 4pm lol.

then Machine Head took the stage, and with some tweaking of the EQ, the sound was crisp, clear, and LOUD. they were ****ing insane, real hard playing, mosh pits starting everywhere, and people piling into the stadium. the band left to a large applause.

HIM.... were booed off, 13 minutes into their set (BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA) after watching people throw cups of beer at them (waste of good beer?) a large portion of the crowd on the ground, and in the seated area (where i was) doing the YMCA, and then i whitnessed the largest conga line EVER, there must have been about 200 people involved, it was of epic proportions.
i also got to giggle when two emo girls (one was "male") started crying and being all upset when the band took off.

and then it happened, after making us wait an extra 10 minutes... extacy of gold started playing with the intro video for metallica... they came out... the intro for Creeping Death sounds out through the stadium, the crowd goes wild, and then just as all 70,000 people sing in unision with James "FLAME! hebrews born to serve!" they crank up the volume, the speakers sound like they might explode, the crowd goes nuts, and i started headbanging for what lasted about 2 1/2 hours. my god, it was the best show i've EVER seen, even better than download festival last year....

if anyone gets the chance to see them, take it. no one should go through life without seeing metallica at least once (Steve is a house/trance/electro DJ. and he came out sayng "**** me that was amazing").

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****ing awesome. \m/

I've seen the other members of the big four of thrash - Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax - but I've yet to see Metallica. The tickets were too expensive, and they were all gone before I even heard about the concert...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen Metallica live too, ****ing awesome.
I still can say that Slayer performed better live.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats cool. I heard good things about Mastadon, I'll have to go check them out. I like machine heads stuff too. And Metallica is Metallica.

I get my Carvin half stack today.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that Megadeth was, by a good margin, the best live act I've ever seen. Slayer was ****ing awesome, and Anthrax held their own, but until you've heard the opening riff to Reckoning Day performed with the power of a live concert, you haven't heard metal. That was like the defining moment of metal for me. It was as if all the bands I had been exposed to and listened to were all just a build up to that moment, standing front and center in front of Mustaine, and all there was to do was ROCK OUT REALLY HARD!

True story.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i know what you mean, after seeing the others though (i always loved megadeth live) metallica really take the cake for me... the crowd involvement is just on another level from everything else.

i mean sure, with slayer everyone was into it, jumping around beating each other, that's what you do at a slayer concert...

but having 70,000 people chanting "na na naaaa naaaa na na, naaa naaa nanananana" to The Memory Remains, while the band stop playing, and for the entire band to bow to you and say "wow..." that's just something else entirely.

all the big four are motivational, they will all get you out of your seat, jumping around... i dunno Metallica just feel like they feed off the crowds energy better, and in turn, the crowd just want to give more and more, because the band just keep giving more.

they didn't play anything new either this time, just old stuff. they played 4 tracks from each album prior to the black album, and 2 tracks that were newer than that. the memory remains, and no leaf clover (amazing live. first time they've played it live in 7 years too).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MAN, I'm so friggin' jealous. Damn I wish Metallica would visit Serbia, hell even Hungary would suit me. So far the only concert I was at were the red hot chili peppers, and their concert sucked bigtime >_>.

Best answers
HIM.... were booed off, 13 minutes into their set (BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA) after watching people throw cups of beer at them (waste of good beer?) a large portion of the crowd on the ground, and in the seated area (where i was) doing the YMCA, and then i whitnessed the largest conga line EVER, there must have been about 200 people involved, it was of epic proportions.
i also got to giggle when two emo girls (one was "male") started crying and being all upset when the band took off.
HAAHAHAHAHAA, HIM phails. I'm not going to be proud that theyre finnish...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HAAHAHAHAHAA, HIM phails. I'm not going to be proud that theyre finnish...
You guys own power metal so hard that no number of ****ty bands could ever disgrace you.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love it, my cousin is a die hard HIM fan. and has been going off about how Metallica and HIM didn't even belong on the same stage, much less not headlining

i agreed with him, on the fact that they didn't belong on the same stage. (with the emphasis on metallica being the better band) and he started ranting about how they were better in every way, and how hammet sucked at guitar solos compared to mustaine (which has nothing to do with HIM lol)

i laugh at him every time he brings up guitar solos, since he judges how complex a song is by how it looks on custom guitar hero videos XD

i wish i would've told him "wait and see", this is exactly what i need to break his man-crush on HIM.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like HIM but at that concert?? No way they belonged there.

I've seen Metallica live in '03 and it was awesome. I was so far away from the stage, yet I could still feel the pyro stuff they had and he headbanging was out of control. I've seen Slayer as well, but Metallica is definitely a MUST see show.

I'm jealous you got to see Mastodon though, I love them and they should have been in HIM's place. And Machinehead over BFMV??? That's just awesome. Did Machinehead play a lot of their new stuff?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the machine head set was made up of the last 2 albums, which is good, cos they are by far the best.

lol nuttzy, if i can figure out how to get it from my phone onto here, i have a video of us booing, dancing and laughing at HIM.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, that's awesome. I too, love HIM, but as it's been mentioned before, they really did not belong there. Neither did Bullet For My Valentine, to be honest, I can imagine the same reaction would have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom