can you re-breathe the danger,
can you re-breathe the care?
can you re-breathe the footsteps,
live life in a prison,
the life of all crimes

----

rough listening to SHOTGUN VEGAS

----

I shot this while it was after a sun shower so some of the water is on the flower pedals, so I thought that they were trying to breathe but couldnt get through the suffocation of the water.

Enjoy the image.

Best answers
how does that do any justice? comment please on the clarity or what could be done better angle wise.. not on if a flower is fake.. i didnt intend too do that.

it is a DOF experiment.

Valeska

V
the pic is perfect except for one thing..it would be better with more water

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really like this. The background isn't the same and doesn't hold a purpose. The flowers being fake take away from the picture because they don't hold the same color as real flowers would, plus it just looks cheap/cheesy with fake flowers. I don't think the poem goes along with the picture at all either as it is now. The premise of the flowers trying to breath is kind of killed when they're inanimate.

Best answers
Would a android be considered human if it had all the qualities a real human would?

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
TimTheEnchantor said:
Would a android be considered human if it had all the qualities a real human would?
If an android had all human qualities it wouldnt be much of an android o_O

And i think it looks stupid. Go back to your old work. Now that stuff atleast looked cool and wasnt all ***.

Best answers
TimTheEnchantor said:

WTF dude...that makes no sense at all

Pic doesn't go with the prose, prose kinda sucks to be honest, pic kinda sucks too...fake flowers with rain on them?

Either you're madly genius with art, or you're freakin retarded...fine line right there.

Best answers
I do what I want art wise.. trying to expand your own creativity and not being stuck to one genre is the fun part of being a artist.

I dont think that what you said is at all a really intelligent comment. You have just told me that my photography art sucks so I should go back to making photo manipulatios just because you think it looks "cool".

I frown upon that statement. If you will please comment on the picture, not my ways of creating art.

poem kinda sucks to be honest
it's prose not a poem.. please get it correct.

Best answers
Breathing + Flowers.. leades to Androids + Humans.. = WTF?

Best answers
How is that odd? Think about it, both androids and fake flowers are specifically FAKE. Meaning that if you do not look really close you can't really tell between the two. It's a far-fetched comparison but try and look at it with different perspective.

"Breathing" beneath water..it's a metaphor!

Brim, do you know any thing about photography? If you do, please enlighten me, post a better photograph and please give critiques. Pointing out "it sucks" is not constructive. And I may quote
There is a fine line right there

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
We dont care about your stupid android flowers. Theres nothing original at all about that photo. Looks like a hallmark card to me. You need to do another "art" change, even if you dont go back to the old stuff.

Best answers
I don't care about your stupid comments. There's nothing original about your avatar or sig. I can simply state that as you've simply stated yours.

You need to understand that not every piece I make is going to be mind blowing. Especially if it's been one month since I've bought my own professional camera. I come here for critiques and well-thought out posts, not to be ridiculed on how a image "sucks". If your going to post something, post something with reason. Not just for flaming purposes, because frankly. That is what your doing. Flaming a artist for his own interpretations and saying it sucks.

Best answers
Actually I do know a bit about photography, and to be honest the pic does suck

There is no focal point of your picture, there is no contrast with your colors, the picture is very unbalanced, your white flower is very large and ornate and should be the focal point of your picture, but your pink flower takes away from it, yet not enough to be its own focal point

And just because I'm not interested in doing my own photography doesnt mean that I can't critique yours

And furthurmore, what do you expect posting in the forums of a game with a fan base of mostly teenagers? If you think that your art is so creative and everything, take it to professionals.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im with [the majority of the people who posted here] on this one

Best answers
./Off-Topic: imo, most of you just need to open your mind a little and try to look at this picture as something new and fresh that hes trying to achieve.

./On-Topic: Actually, I think the pic looks nice. Some things that I would change on it though - The pink flowers almost serve as a border to the main
white flower... Take that upper white flower, and change it into a pink one. That would give the white flower a border and I think that would add to the image.
Also, I can almost barely see the water... try to catch the image with drops hanging from the leaves. I think that would add to it too. Good luck!

[EDIT - me and my typos... its all good now]​

Best answers
Some great photographers off of DA that I usually talk to like akourah and epiphany both stated what you stated. That the pink flower detracts from the image a bit too much.. I agree Isr, I'll try that next time with the water.

Best answers
Hey -- Dont get me wrong, I dont think it detracts... I think you should change the upper white flower with a pink one to give the white flower [in the center] a border.

Best answers
My working philosophy on art is that nothing should look like a mistake unless it is intended to look like a mistake (thus not being a mistake at all). To me this picture looks like you were trying to pass these fake flowers off as real flowers when to us they are clearly not what you want them to be. The problem here is identical to the picture involving the BB gun. Details are fundamentally important to any form of art. What you have here is a stopgap, a lazy solution to a visual problem that cheapens the idea that you're going for. Photography is more so about that because of the medium, you are essentially taking a machine that replicates life and trying to make us see reality differently.

Please, let us never speak of deviant art.

At the base level, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking pictures of fake flowers. In this case though there is no topical point to do so. You're not drawing attention to the fakeness of the plastic, you shot that pic because you didn't have real flowers handy. Don't compromise your idea like that unless you absolutely have to.

There is also nothing wrong with experimenting with new things, and I think that any of you who said he should go back to his old work should shut it. Don't be so ignorant and closed minded.

Oh yeah, and when I see flower petals dotted with drops of water I don't usually think of them drowning, that's the kind of image you'd see on a pack of seeds or in a greeting card. Flowers look vibrant and alive with water on them, you may want to rethink lighting and mood if you are to convey what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom