Re: Adv. Melee - 4 Minor but Effective Suggestions

Best answers
Wow, surprised you haven't shut this section of the forum down for at least a week prior to 1.2's release. You guys sure are brave.
The melee system is friggin incredible. I find myself punching and kicking more than sleeping these days. Amazing what a handful of geniuses can do, and without payment!
And now for the further advancement of this work of art:

1) The Advance Melee direction arrows should be in the center of the screen, or we should have a placement option (aka netgraph pos), because as much as I'd like to win, I'd also like to see me kicking the other guy in the nads. Being on the far left of the screen, I can't really watch the action unfold while fending off those devilish arrows.
2) There should as well be some sort of background interface type thing surrounding the area where the arrows show up, as they are impossible to see most of the time (being in the air, with the bright mapboxes in the background).
3) Initializing the prepunch sequence from behind should affect the sequence. Example: increased prepunch damage, extra stun/combo time
4) Holding block upon a prepunch sequence should have some sort of effect. Example: reduced damage from prepunches
^ Not entirely sure if this isn't already in effect, but it's not mentioned in the manual, and I haven't stared at the numbers dropping as I'm getting pummelled in-game so....

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Wow. Most of those suggestions would really be helpful.
  1. I like this. You should be able to control where the arrows would show up.
  2. This is also very good. Most of the time, usually in daylight maps, you can't see the arrows, due to the skybox's bright image.
  3. This could work. Surprise attack! :D At the end, the person should be flipped around, so they can punch them in the gut and stuff. :laff:
  4. This is already in. When you block, you can't be thrown, and yoru stun time is reduced dramatically. Also, damage is reduced, but I don't know how much.

Best answers
^ what they said

and maybe

5. ( if its not already like this am still not too sure) pressing and holding a direction should dictate whether or not the punch / kick will be strong, medium , weak.

Best answers
1) sux
2) thats a neat idea, but not an ugly black things, keep thinking about ways to make it more visible
3)great
4)already done

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
NightSage said:
^ what they said

and maybe

5. ( if its not already like this am still not too sure) pressing and holding a direction should dictate whether or not the punch / kick will be strong, medium , weak.
That's pretty much already in. Just not in that form.

Best answers
Yedi said:
1) sux
2) thats a neat idea, but not an ugly black things, keep thinking about ways to make it more visible
3)great
4)already done
Unless you have a good reason supporting, "sux" I would prefer if you just didn't comment on it at all ;).

Best answers
guys he is talking about in the middle of prepunches...

ok scenario: your getting prepunched. Instead of "jesus christ i cant do anything but watch!" you can... "Oh hey there is block... lets try that" then it will reduce the damage and stun time... mabye even combo length...

all great and handy ideas...

Best answers
I thought that's what they were talking about...
but yeah, exactly what he said.
cept I wouldn't use the Lords name in vain, just my preference :laff:

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NightSage said:
^ what they said

and maybe

Green is weak, blue is medium, red is strong. That's how you tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom