RAW last night...Matt Hardy??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can anyone tell me what was up with Matt Hardy's appearance on Raw last night? The rest of the show seemed to imply he was supposed to be there but when he came out he like tore a fistful of edge's hair out and he was saying all kinds of weird **** ("WWE can kiss my ass") and the venue security actually tackled and cuffed him violently. JR and King got quiet which is usually what happens when something doesn't go according to plan...

The show was built up like that he'd make an appearance but I think that he just took the opportunity to attack Edge for real and diss the hell out of WWE in the process. Anyone know the real story?

DISCLAIMER: Just remember I didn't ask your opinion on wrestling, only if anyone knows what the deal was last night. So any 'wrestling sucks/wrestling is fake' comments are getting an instant warning.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[SPOILERS]

This stuff is all across the internets! Holy crap! Anyway, a lot of people think it was a shoot, and a lot think it was scripted. There are good reasons on both sides, but I personally think this entire deal is an elaborate work by the WWE.

Reasons for a "shoot":
"WWE can kiss my ass"
He mentioned his appearance on ROH (Ring of Honor) this sunday.
He called Edge "Adam"
Announcers got quiet

Reasons for a work:
Kane fought Snitsky out of the arena
It took the actual big buff security dudes a whole minute to get to him, starting from the ring incident.
The microphone he picked up was working. Microphones are activated from the back.
He attacked Edge backstage and made it to the ring without getting caught.
The backstage part was probably pre-recorded.
It took 5-6 security guards to take him down. Are they really that wimpy?

KyoKusanagi

K
You know the whole deal with Matt and Lita being a couple right?

Lita cheated on Matt with Edge (Adam) and as a result Matt has left WWE. For TNA (I believe).

Just what I've been hearing.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, we know that, but people are questioning even the credibility of that right now. As in, whether the WWE worked the ENTIRE thing...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would explain a few things but I'm still kind of confused. The cheating thing makes sense as Edge used to travel with the Hardys and Lita all the time.

He called Edge "Adam" but he called Lita "Lita" and not "Amy."

I think it was half and half, that he was supposed to go out there and do a simple tackle punch and bail bit, but he went off instead and that was when the guys were instructed to tackle him before he could say anymore. The mic was probably live because he was supposed to say something...but it probably wasn't what he actually said. I think as soon as he said "WWE can kiss my ass" the Raw security guys bolted.

It was obvious that Matt wasn't supposed to attack Edge backstage either as the announcers made no comment about it. They also didn't say much about the backstage thing even after it happened. And when they fought in the ring...I'm pretty positive they were really fighting, they had handfuls of hair and closed fists.

Sucks, cause I really love Edge. I think Matt's just a little too misaligned regarding the nature of their business.

I just tried to go to Matthardy.com, cause WWE says he's posted some official comments...it just links back to WWE's Matt profile, heh. Looks like they just posted enough of what he said to appear as part of a promo, heheh.

Vince McMahon = Masterful.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Which security was it? they generally use actors when its faked ( u know what i mean...)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was the actual venue security both backstage and ringside. They didn't run down the aisle but instead came out of the ringside area in general.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sounds real then to me, Ive never seen "scripted" security action without the use of the ramp before... They like put the security on full view of the audience with the ramp.
Dammit, I wish I could still see WWE :( I miss it so much...
Do they still have the older guard with the beard in charge ring side? He used to be at most shows.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Matt's website is http://www.thematthardy.com (I hope this isn't advertisement.). He did post some stuff on the message board, well, actually a big post insulting the WWE, Adam, and Amy all together, but it was made a couple of hours after he was arrested on national TV for assaulting another man... hmm...

The other thing that makes it seem real is that they carried him out from the ramp. They never do that with people they arrest for real. It COULD have been for real, but I would say they were trying to play off it and make it seem scripted. Or maybe the whole thing is just a brilliant scheme.

We need answers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in my opinion matt lost everything he had then jeff stopped wrestling. and that probably led to this as well (of course i cant say if its real or fake, as i cant get wwe here atm =[ )

but thats just an opinion of mine. Jeff was always the better entertainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom