Ravendust, Pixels, whoever - Help with Sprite Wizard

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just need a quick hand with Sprite Wizard. I've created two images in Photoshop which were (8Bit, Bitmap, 256x256) - I opened one in Sprite Wizard and it loaded fine, then when I tried to import another to the list it said:

Palette, huh? I was told to try saving one of my palettes then import the same palette on my other sprite images. I'm sorry, did I miss something... how would I do this?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What i do is save the first frame with index selective, then save the second with previous, works the same. If its not that, i dunno what it could be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey thanks for the help man, it worked. But um, after saving the second image as (Previous) what would you save a third or forth as?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
huh?

nahh man, you need to save the first bmp as index, as all others.

after you saved all bmp pics, get the first pic, and save the pallate somewhere in the same folder, and then load for all other bmps the same pallate wich you saved, then save again.

hope this will help, thought i gues you know how to do it:

and save them all like you did with the first one.

Should fix all your problems ;)

nice some one remembers me xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome man, thanks for the help. By the way, do you have any idea why Half-Life/ESF doesn't recognize more than 2 frames in a sequence? I have around 11 images in total, I playback the animation in Sprite Wizard and it looks fine, but when I bring the sprite in-game it only does a like, 2-frame continuous cycle, excluding the other 9 frames. Are there any ways to fix this? :rolleyes: (Also, it's the Final Flash Charge sequence)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm thats pretty strange, they should work usually like its shown in sprite wizzard, all i can suggestion redo the copmiling and look what color mode you use, mostly the standart is best.

i think its also possible that it got coded in somehow that after frame 2 it has to stop, but i never had this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom