Rate ESF

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's real great... AND IT 'S JUST A BETA :D
but it isn't perfect yet ( like ping, and bugs, so I gave it a 8 )

Best answers

While it is great and I love playing it, I agree that once pl raises above 15 to 20 mil, it just gets ****ty, everyone starts to do nothing but beam spam, and there is nothing to look forward to. Hopefully with the introductions of new Transformations and new attacks with those transformations, it becomes more worthy to be played to a longer extent. Also, the huge blast radii from 20mil FF becomes quite annoying, maybe if those are nerfed in future releases it won't deter from extended gameplay. But overall it is awesome, if u think about it 7 is a good number, in fact I'm gonna go play...

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sucks. I think they should quit while ahead.

*Hsu shakes fist at Mastasurf.

p.s. I love you.

Best answers
I give it 8 because its a fun game. But if your vsing other peeps and the same boring stuff happens it gets boring.... i mabe should of gave it 7 sinice i never play it anymore. Anyways MMORPG's are addictive so ive been playing those to nurify my esf urges lol.

Scruffie

S
Okay, I gave it 'It Sucks'. Because, to me, it's just the same thing over and over again with the swooping, then the hitting, then even more swooping, and a little bit of teleport action in there... and the beams, the beams are just all exactly the same. Maybe some are faster or more powerful, but... it's kinda boring. SO until Advanced Melee gets here, 1. It Sucks!

Best answers
yea,

Gameplay: 9
Sound: 8
Replay: 6

i would give it a 7-8...now i see a 9 is much to high...pff

ESF still rox

Best answers
6 right now it doesnt have anything to really distinguish it skill wise.. and like the guy up there said it gets repetitive..

Best answers
a full out 10...it can use improvement but it already owns big time, especially in comparison to alot of other hl mods. I cant wait for future releases because it will only get better i think!!

Best answers
I can rate this mod in a few ways, actually...

Gameplay = 6/10 : Initially the game is very engrossing, especially for fans of the series, since you want to see everything this mod has to offer. Sadly, you find it all relatively quickly, making the replay value considersbly low.

Graphics = 7/10 : The models and animations are above par in terms of raw detail and staying true to the series. Even the little things, like Vegita crossing his arms when standing idle, give the game that familiar touch.

Sound = 6/10 : There simply isn't enough of them and not at a very great variety. Of course the sounds they do have are quite good. Watch the transformations to see what I mean. It makes you want to break things.

Value = 7/10 : Excellent because the game is free (for those who own Half-Life of course) and is constantly updated. If this mod has any weakness, it's the lack of games modes and replay value. Luckily, this score is heightened due to the fact that these things will likely be fixed in the future.

Tilt = 7/10 : Compared to its competitors, ESF is a pretty sweet deal. It's made by the fans for the fans by people who didn't have to make it in the first place. Cudos to them for devoting their time and money to this project.

Overal = 6.6/10 : A good mod for the fans and a little something for everyone else too. Currently the gameplay is a little stale and needs some freshening up, but that will no doubt change once the mod launches itself out of its beta stages.

Best answers
for a beta and at first impressions it rates about a 9 or 10. But after playing for a while and because it isnt even nearly complete, i think you realise that at the moment it is definately not a 9. I voted 7, more because it has great potential than anything else, but its not a game that you can play everyday for several hours..... when it is then its worth a 10! (im actually yet to find a game which will keep me occupied for more than about 2-3hours a day)

Best answers
Originally posted by lost
q?

why are so many people voting 10? i can't believe this... they yust say it is PERFECT please don't change ****! i like it the way it is...

or do they just don't 'think clearly' ?

or do they have completely no sense?

man i'm confused :S
Hmmm, it's their opinion. Let them have it :).

Best answers
ESF, in my opninion, is fun but melee IS a bit bland. Im not saying melee isnt fun, just boring sometimes.

Best answers
I voted 7 because as others have said, its a great mod and imo much better then any other dbz mod/game but it has its bugs and isnt compleated yet.

Best answers

Best implementation of melee I have ever seen in an FPS/HL mod, also best DBZ game I have ever played. Still has MASSIVE bugs, and right now it's kinda on the shallow side, but the core game is superb.

Best answers
I gave it a 9 cause sometimes ESF is "not" like the real DB... Some things are missing...

Best answers

Its a pretty good mod IT has very unique gameplay The bugs are MASSIVE and the melee needs more variation but otherwise this is one kick ass mod!

Best answers
I gave it a 9 as well, ESF is easily the best DBZ mod out there (i haven't tried Bid for Power so to be honest, i can't say that its the best..yet). The reason its lacking that 10 is because the games unbalanced towards some characters, trunks for one, you get your burning attack to start, does like no damage lol. Then in SSJ, you get finishing buster, plenty of damage then you lose your finishing buster.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kind of a waste to have a rate on the esf forums..

not like anyone is gonna openly say ESF SUCKS LOTS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom