Rapidshare and Torrents.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, I have a Question.

This is about Warez and all but not to gain access to them...

So say you Download something off of Rapidshare(Since its in Sweeden) that is illegal to download in America then you "Wont get in trouble" as a friend as said but With Torrents you will get in trouble if the seed is from Sweeden.

What is your Opinion?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know exactly what you're trying to say. You ask if it's fair that when rapidshare hosts illegal stuff they won't get punished, but a seeder from the same country gets punished?
If I got that right, well that's how it is right now. RS is not responsible for the stuff users upload. If the uploader is known, he would (probably) get the same puishment as the seeder.

If you meant something else then I'm lost....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much say I download something off of Rapidshare would I get the same Punishment as someone who downloaded it off a Torrent?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty much the same, though the risk of being caught might be different. If rapidshare keeps detailed logs, it would be pretty easy to catch the people downloading illegal stuff. For torrents it's pretty easy too, everyone downloading a torrent gets the ips of the other people downloading/uploading.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright. The question was answered. :D

This thread can be closed and all if wanted.

Best answers
Not sure how your copyright laws work, there might be a different punishment for uploading as compared to downloading? For a bittorrent you typically have to upload as well as download, while a rapidshare download is obviously just a download. Here in the Netherlands downloading movies and music (but not copyright protected software) for private use is legal, uploading them is illegal.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The same applies in the uk only if you own the original game/movie/software then you can download them as long as you have prove of ownership like the case or box

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom