Random shooting in Salt Lake City

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then you are no better than he is.
That sounds like total prejudice. Witnessing something like that can get emotional, even for police, and if you're a caring individual you may let your anger take control. Picture it; A loser gunning innocent people down for no reason. You're there. How do you feel? Really.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Thing is, cops are trained to pretty much immediately fire if a person waves a gun around, also, most police in America, believe it or not with all of our redneck gun laws, don't have too many run-ins with armed (and firing) perps, so they get scared for their lives, and others, and pretty much run on instinct.

Not saying it's justified, but meh.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're all taking Axman the wrong way, maybe not in this particular incident it was manageable but It does seem that most of these gun nut shooting end up with the shooter dead. From what i know on the subject (and i dont really know much) its as if the regular police are the ones who're taking these kinda guys down, like Magus said they're scared and they look at it in the kill or be killed view. Maybe they're the only available people at the time, and they have to work fast, but it still doesn't mean that it couldn't be handled better. Ideally better trained units should be handling such incidents. The best outcome after-all, once the incident starts is no more casualties, including the perp.

To me, it seems these things would be much less frequent if the gunners knew it was possible that they could be captured and imprisoned, with no way of self inflicted harm available. They clearly take these killing jaunts as a win/win situation, yet the one thing that's punishment for them is almost never done, with this they have nothing to be afraid of. When the next genocidal idiot thinks he's got a way to have some kinda impact on the world before he dies it'd be nice if he had to think twice because of the possibility of being forced to live another 20 sedated years.

Saying you get satisfaction from watching anyone die is sadistic in my opinion, I dont think its as bad as killing innocent people, but It's not a progressive way of thinking.

Best answers
I hate the way people react to this kind of thing.

Its not like the police were given an anonymous tip off three days in advance, so they could co-ordinate a strategy.

There was a maniac shooting people.

Just be glad someone was there.

As for analysing the situation on the fly (his backpack, how many bullets his gun could hold) thats utter rubbish, in this situation a few seconds could mean another victim.

There's a difference between being trained to handle situations, and actually being in one, I dont care how adept you think you are, its easy to talk from the comfort of your chair at the computer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He had to kill a ****ing 15 year old girl too. I just love how the aunt said "He was always a good kid." They ALWAYS say that. After all, it's not like he was a school dropout or anything (oh wait...he was).

He got what he deserved. Death. Now his entire existence is null. There's no meaning in dying, unless you're someone like that shooter. Go to hell you rat bastard.

Also, **** you media ****ers that think Anna Nicole Smith's death and that spears *****'s head being bald is more important news. No one gives a flying **** about them right now. Cover what's truely important!

God damn it I'm pissed off.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they began covering what is truly important, you still wouldn't see this all over the news.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He had to kill a ****ing 15 year old girl too. I just love how the aunt said "He was always a good kid." They ALWAYS say that. After all, it's not like he was a school dropout or anything (oh wait...he was).
Maybe for this situaion, but I have personally come across an encounter where a gunman was actually a pretty nice kid.

As for the policemen, I know they are trained for things like this, but they are still human and when you got some random guy shooting the place, the natural idea is to end it as fast as possible, and lethal force would probably be the fastest option given the situation.

Is it possible that they didn't mean to kill him?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His family fled to the U.S. from Bosnia after Serb forces were committing genocide against people like him. But no, it was the video games guys.
Actually it was the other way around, but never mind. I don't blame the video games at all, I'm just ashamed that such a guy is a Slavenian. Still, it could be he was actually a Serb and was expressing his hate to America by killing people. You don't see me doing that though :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom