random melee teleportation

Best answers
My idea is that when in advanced melee, the two people engaged randomly teleport around the map as to avoid being blown away by someone just waiting for you to get out of it. the teleportation is automatic, and doesn't cost the two engaged any energy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That'd be a little different, but I think it'd be cool. I know what you mean, it sucks when you just finish a bout of advanced melee, only to get blasted by someone who was waiting just far enough away with a beam. There has to be a bit more planning to the idea, though.

If it were implemented as purely random, you'd probably wind up teleporting into solid map geometry half of the time. So, I see the best way to do it as adding special entities to maps, which the engine would randomly cycle you through during melee.

This would mean a little extra work for mappers, and recompiling of old maps to add the entities, but it would probably be best as a toggle-able feature anyway. That way, if it was set to be enabled on a map that didn't have the feature, it would default to off.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would probably mean, with all the people going into advanced melee, an fps drop as well so i would suggest a special requirement for this to happen

Best answers
aint this been suggested like 200k times? :p but it's still neat

Best answers
DragonDude said:
If it were implemented as purely random, you'd probably wind up teleporting into solid map geometry half of the time. So, I see the best way to do it as adding special entities to maps, which the engine would randomly cycle you through during melee.
well, maybe not THAT random. Maybe random as in randomly cycling through a series of previously designated points.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PsycsX said:
well, maybe not THAT random. Maybe random as in randomly cycling through a series of previously designated points.
Which is exactly what I said. o_O

Best answers
Maybe like theres a small amount of time like during teleport where you can like maybe if your pl is so much higher, choose to teleport behind them so they cant block, and bash them in the back with ur leg like a vegeto and super buu kinda thing. Or maybe you can like select the kick punches and stuff during the teleport, but you can choose like Kick Punch Block Kick Punch Punch Block (block would be your use key.) and then you do the moves in that order, if you both block heh, tough luck!

Best answers
I don't think that would be very balanced, but what I mean is like in the intro to Budokai 2 SSJ3 Goku and Kid Buu are fighting and they do their punching and kicking for a second or two, and then they're teleported to a different location where they continue the punching and kicking.

Best answers
Well goku really didnt stand a chance against kid buu in the first place now did he? He had to fully charge his spirit bomb to kill kid buu, and even that didnt stop him. Goku needed ss3+fullycharged energy+spirit bomb to kill him. Thats alot of energy. hey that gave me an idea! power struggles (goku/frieza cause of deathball) with projectiles, where you keep putting power in it even after its launched!

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
well noone cares if goku stands a chance in the series against kidbuu. in esf you can beat anyone with every char you know, thats called gamebalance.
about the struggle idea, thats the disadvantage of ball or projectile attacks, you cant control them or add power to them. but theyre not attached which makes them usefull
but thats a different topic.

Best answers
Well ok i agree about that, but about the teleport thing there should be a time during teleport where you choose an ability to use, but then how exactly would your attack hit? because with you teleported they have a much better chance of blocking your attack. It would have to be a quick teleport because its kind of odd to teleport and sit there for like another 30 seconds while you are blocking and hitting. It should be one shot tele one shot tele etc.

Best answers
did you not read? I said Budokai2 intro and who cares if he didn't stand a chance. just like DJ-Ready said and how Budokai works, anyone can be any one else depending on skill.

Best answers
I understand that i said i agree about that. Then i got back on topic and said there should be teleport melle where you choose and attack and then it goes: teleport, attack, teleport, attack and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom