Rage Bar explained

Best answers
The way it works is like this.

If you land an attack on the enemy, your Rage bar will go up. It goes up faster if you're fighting someone who has a much higher PL than yourself, and it goes up slower if you're fighting someone who is weaker. It has a constant drain to it, so if you're out of combat for a minute, it will become empty again. The Rage bar has lots of potentials for what it could do, but the important thing is that it covers two important ideals.

First, it makes fights more intense and interesting the longer they go. Second, it acts as a gap filler for PL differences.

The Rage bar could do the following:

-Initiate Knockbacks at the cost of Rage, which can be used to set up melee combos or create openings to use Ki Balls/Blasts.
Currently the Knockback feature is applied to people who already overpower their opponent, and it gives them even more of an advantage. I say, with this Rage bar, it could do the exact opposite by giving the weaker opponent a chance to create openings more often.

-Influence transformation levels and sequence times.
Right now transformation levels and sequences are based solely on Power Level. The Rage bar could act as a variable for this formula. The values it is given could allow players to transform above their current potential into the next form, and allow current sequences to happen faster. This would allow weaker opponents to transform onto equal footing with their enemy and time their transformations well so that they wouldn't ruin the flow of the fight. If the Rage bar simply added Power Level to the current Transformation formula, then this would allow both of these changes to happen synonymously. I would think this would make it much easier to program.

In another thread I mentioned "State Transformations" which is a very similar idea, but I believe this expands on it better and more effectively.

In relation to that, I would say make the variable PL increase by a percentage, so that the more PL you get, the more the Rage bar will afford you. In effect, you could raise the PL standards for higher state transforms, like SSJ3. This would allow players with less PL to fight someone with a higher PL without them being in their final form already. On an equal fight, however, both would be able to reach their final form where it would be fair.

-Permanent transformation characters could rely solely on the Rage bar to transform.
For example, Buu and Cell couldn't transform unless they had a full Rage bar. This isn't a big deal though, because once he transforms, he'll be like that forever. So what's the point you say?

Well if you don't gain much Rage from fighting people weaker than yourself, then you can't transform unless you fight someone closer to your own level. This would allow others in the server to catch up with you, and it would make people who play Buu and Cell have to slaughter everyone in the server to get enough Rage to transform. There's a Chinese saying that goes well here. "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down." They would have to seek out the strongest fighters, thus making the strongest people in the server bigger targets. However once they transformed, they would become the new target.

This bar could be used for many different things. Basically, the easiest thing to program should be considered so that it may be implemented by 1.3's release. It could simply be a feature which regulates the ability to use Knockback. By the time 1.3 matures, there may be ways to link it with transformations.

I really think this should be considered for programming, since it would make the game way more interesting and fill gaps in PL differences in more ways than one.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It makes sense but would I think it would need a lot of tweaking to get it right. A good player joining the server would have an even bigger edge for a short while.

It also kinda negates the entire PL deal. A person with a higher PL has the edge because they've gone out and fought for a while to get it. Closing the gap would make the weaker player... stronger.

Best answers
You could always balance it so they didn't get WAY more rage than the other. I mean if anything make it so the higher PL player doesn't get as much, and the weaker player gets the same amount. They don't necessarily have to get more.

And yeah it would take tweaking, which is why I think they should implement it for the Knockback feature and for Turbo to get a feel for how it works in combat. Then later apply it to transformations. It's kind of like getting a piggy bank BEFORE you have a ton of change for it.

In other words, I have this thing here, and I'm not using it to its full capacity, but it's there and ready when I have enough to put into it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom