Radomly Crashing

Best answers
Ok right, i have had this problem for a long time and it is making ESF had to enjoy.
I will be playing like normal, ither with bots, or on a server with people and the game just crash's, ending up in me having to reset my PC.
I dont use EVM and i am using all the same sprites and models that game came with. I have checked and updated all of my drivers for everythink on both my PC and my Laptop and even Formatted my PC and reinstalled.
I have installed it over 10 times and this problem still exists.
My Laptop is running a completly different setup to my Pc so it cant be My GFX card as i have bought a new one and i still have the Problem.
Altho when it does crash if i CTRL ALT + DEL and enter the Memory Usage Tab ESF is using around 100.000 .. which is unbelivabe as when i first load it up its at 1.344 ish. I have 3 GB ram aswell so its not like my pc is slow but it still crash's. I just havent got the faintest idea whats going wrong, and was hoping someone else who may have had a simular problem and resolved it can help.
Thanx for reading - So stessed >.<

Best answers
donnierisk said:
Do you use steam? And which version of esf are you using? I used to get random crashes in my earlier versions or when I use WON.
Im using Esf 1.2.3 the newest one and i use Steam always have, altho i was speaking to someone earlier in the Newb forums and they suggested that it may be because of the bots. So i went to ESF World and downloaded ESF Bots 4.1,
( http://www.esf-world.de/index.php?c=fileinfo&file_id=21037 )
and so far i have had no crash's and i was playing for just under an hour with 2 bots getting my head smashed in >.< .. but still no crash's.
Now i dont know if the bots was the Cause but i will update in a few hours and let you know.

Best answers
The bots available on esf-world are outdated .The newest bots come with the latest verison of ESF.

Best answers
Punishing said:
The bots available on esf-world are outdated .The newest bots come with the latest verison of ESF.
Well if thats the case then i would recommend Using bots V 4.1 as i am not getting any crash issues now, and i was when i used the ones that came with Esf V 1.2.3

Best answers
I never had problems with crashing but it's good that your problem was sloved.

Best answers
Punishing said:
I never had problems with crashing but it's good that your problem was sloved.
Thanks alot, im going to keep playing and if it does crash or if i have problems i will post it here. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use steam Veggeto, I USED to play with WON when I didn't have internet. But remember esf is in a beta version so it's bound to crash in some situations.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did you look at your video option to be on open GL ? on D3D or Softer has the tendets to crash

Best answers
Just another thought, at least it helped for me on my slower pc,

Try changing your decal limit (default 300) to a lower number, this will change the amount of damage overlays, like scorch marks and whatnot from beam blasts and impact damage.
Turning down some of the other "eye-candy" can help too (like beam complexity and high quality models, etc).
Although your system sounds higher end it should not be a problem with 3GB of ram that you have.
Just to note, Half-Life was originally designed to run in a 640x480 or an 800x600 resolution with OpenGL, I have not noticed the difference on any of my systems though.
*Are you overclocking your cpu or your gpu?

I still randomly crash on all 4 computers that I am running ESF on, although some them crash more often than others. But then again like mentioned ealier, it is still a beta.

Sorry, I am rambling, it helps me think. Hope something here helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom